PDA

View Full Version : Pics

mike-2ptzero
11-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Out of the blue someone emailed me 2 pics of my car from the Battle of the Imports event that took place at Fontana.

Staged
http://www.centralvalleyspeed.com/photogallery/albums/userpics/10093/boti202.jpg

Launching
http://www.centralvalleyspeed.com/photogallery/albums/userpics/10093/boti204.jpg

Now if I can just get the video from ESX of my car making that pass.

isleepsober
11-08-2008, 11:32 AM
:)

maxspeed
11-08-2008, 12:19 PM
so hows that supra stack up?

biketsai
11-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Lol, so how functional is your passenger side headlight?

zrowcool
11-08-2008, 03:50 PM
whats the white on the hood for?

Kronic Budz
11-08-2008, 04:00 PM
multi colored. [o_o]

le91688
11-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Ever think about painting it?

mike-2ptzero
11-08-2008, 04:13 PM
so hows that supra stack up?

The supra runs mid 10s'. It has a Turbonetics turbo and IIRC a 9 plate clutch tha cost $7k. There was a group of them in the S/T class I was running in.

Lol, so how functional is your passenger side headlight?

Very functional as a Air Ram right into the HKS filter. Not so functional as a "head light". [>_<]

whats the white on the hood for?

White gel coating, just the way the hood was made.

Ever think about painting it?

Yes, but had problems getting a hold of the guy that painted my other parts. At this point I am going to just have it wrapped.

A4Rob
11-08-2008, 08:21 PM
What is getting wrapped? Center of your hood?

audi til I die
11-08-2008, 08:41 PM
I think he wants to do vinyl wrap the whole car. If mine wasn't black I'd do it as well. Hopefully it doesn't add significant weight [:D]

A4Rob
11-08-2008, 09:13 PM
[rolleyes] yea im sure thats exactly what mike wants to do.

317ssayzarc
11-08-2008, 09:56 PM

Actually Rob, Im pretty sure it is...

maxspeed
11-08-2008, 11:43 PM
The supra runs mid 10s'. It has a Turbonetics turbo and IIRC a 9 plate clutch tha cost $7k. There was a group of them in the S/T class I was running in.

must have been a fun race then [up] [race]

mike-2ptzero
11-09-2008, 07:23 AM
must have been a fun race then [up] [race]

Yeah it was, we were pretty much side by side the whole way down the track. The difference at the finish line was .11 seconds.

Actual that is/was the plan. I was looking to have about 75% of the car wrapped, but it would be done so parts of the blue kelvar could be seen. The roof and the top of the pillars would not be covered at all.

I think he wants to do vinyl wrap the whole car. If mine wasn't black I'd do it as well. Hopefully it doesn't add significant weight [:D]

Doesn't add much weight at all, pretty much a fraction of the weight of paint. This is why most race cars that are made of CF are wrapped instead of painted. Plus it makes it much easier to change the look of the car in a very short time period and a much lower cost. I already found a shop that was willing to do it as a partial sponsor since they are local and we plan on doing more local shows/race events next year. Plus I have already lined up 2 other A4's that want to get their cars wrapped in Matte Black by this shop.

djwimbo
11-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Doesn't add much weight at all, pretty much a fraction of the weight of paint. This is why most race cars that are made of CF are wrapped instead of painted. Plus it makes it much easier to change the look of the car in a very short time period and a much lower cost.

What he said.

It really depends on the vinyl used, but we had our shop truck wrapped in OH. When the detail dept removed the vinyl it made a big ass ball of vinyl that weighed no more than 3lbs.

As my car is "multi colored" currently, that is one of the options I have considered. No worries about rock chips, scratches or the C/F shattering.