PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine light goes on and off

Marita
10-17-2004, 08:27 PM
had ansen check on why the light goes on and off on my car and it says SYSTEM TOO LEAN

does that mean my O2 sensor is going bad??? pls help [:(]

and what should i do, should i bring it to a shop or the stealer??? [confused]

a4rings
10-17-2004, 08:42 PM
Alright i had this same problem right after i installed my air filter and boost guage my engine light came on after i drove my car hard for a whole night, i checked all of my boost lines and reinstalled my airbox and then took the car to the dealership. They set me an appointment and said it would cost like 90$ to check the code, on the way back home from the dealership my light turned of. My uncle has a VAG so he checked the code and it said i was running lean, so anyways my light kept comming on and off untill i took my boost lines off and checked them and one had a very large crack. I hope this helps, but before you go to the dealership, check your boost lines

offroader1006
10-17-2004, 08:45 PM
a flashing engine light means emissions.

the lean code could be caused by a bad o2 sensor or fresh air getting into the exhaust before the cat.

any reputable shop should be able to diagnose an emissions problem, as most vehicles operate the same way.

markc
10-17-2004, 08:55 PM
I had the same problem and it turned out that my MAF needed replacing. All OK now.

pismojeff
10-17-2004, 09:05 PM
Check vacuum lines.

tai
10-17-2004, 09:07 PM
I had the same problem......try cleaning your MAF first.

jefferson88
10-18-2004, 04:56 AM
I had the same deal... Vacuum leak, cracked hose.