PDA

View Full Version : going to be in NYC on sunday the 9th

ginkof
11-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Just wondering if any car things other then the poker ralley are going on. Im driving down with a friend of mine.. im sure she is going to want to go shopping but any recommendations on places to go.. things to see? Touristy stuff is totally fine! Thanks in advance

kneel
11-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Just wondering if any car things other then the poker ralley are going on. Im driving down with a friend of mine.. im sure she is going to want to go shopping but any recommendations on places to go.. things to see? Touristy stuff is totally fine! Thanks in advance

POKER RUN!!!!!!!!!!! No, umm the INTRIPID opens this weekend. I worked on the Peir for the new opening last year.

$4c@b
11-08-2008, 05:29 AM
Intrepid is a good one. Chelsea Piers has lots to do. I never understood retail shopping in NYC...everything costs more. There are tons of cool shops in the village.

Want some great, reasonably priced Italian food?

Paesano of Mulberry Street ($$$)
Italian

136 Mulberry St, New York 10013
Btwn Hester & Grand St

Phone: 212-965-1188

http://www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp?areaid=0&restaurantid=6202&neighborhoodid=22&cuisineid=0

beep twice when you pass through Stamford.

TverRus69
11-08-2008, 07:41 AM
i feel like any restaurant on mulberry st is worth while. As much as i hate it for its great tourist density (haha no offense) check out lower manhattan: soho, gren village, little italy, etc. Also make sure to drive down the FDR - the coolest stretch of pavement in NYC

$4c@b
11-08-2008, 08:38 AM
i feel like any restaurant on mulberry st is worth while. As much as i hate it for its great tourist density (haha no offense) check out lower manhattan: soho, gren village, little italy, etc. Also make sure to drive down the FDR - the coolest stretch of pavement in NYC

the FDR is cool but it's all beat up.

I'd put the West Side Highway, especially north of the GW as one of my top 20 short-roads ever...short being 5-10 miles.

ginkof
11-09-2008, 01:28 AM
cool thanks guys! Some of you may see a Nogaro B6 wasting gas today!

TverRus69
11-14-2008, 05:57 PM
the FDR is cool but it's all beat up.

I'd put the West Side Highway, especially north of the GW as one of my top 20 short-roads ever...short being 5-10 miles.

FDR is the best between 96th and 23rd southbound and between the battery tunnel and roughly 80's. Yea i live on 238th right off WSH/Henry Hudson and its def worth the 3.50 toll to jet down that stretch late at night