PDA

View Full Version : Which Exhaust and Intake?

SuitedAces
10-17-2004, 01:09 AM
Hello All --

New to the forums and would appreciate any useful input.

Right now I'm planning on upgrading very soon. I'm thinking of going with an APR chip (I like that the power is more evenly distributed over the rev range). The only cold air intake for the '01 that I have found is from evoms.com. What success has people had with this, and is it worth the money?

Exhaust: Narrowed it down to Borla (awetuning.com) and Neuspeed, but leaning toward the Neu. Again, any experiences and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

awe4rings
10-17-2004, 04:56 AM
I have the borla v2 from AWE and love it...sick system...as for the intake scratch it...you will be sucking hot air unless you custom fab a sick set up...the stock airbox on 1.8t is damn efficient, it is really a waste to add a CAI unless you want to loose power and add noise...i know this is going to start a battle.

HomeSlice
10-17-2004, 05:13 AM
You have an 01 go with GIAC

audlman
10-17-2004, 08:40 AM
You have an 01 go with GIAC

^ what he said, im still trying to get around to doing it. Look into GIAC and APR.

ogi520
10-17-2004, 09:29 AM
supersprint... i am also having same delima between borla vs. supersprint..
i like supersprint better now..
just a thought..

EC Motorwerks
10-17-2004, 11:33 AM
I have the Neuspeed G2 and love it. Intake, save your money for another mod.

D Piddy
10-17-2004, 11:54 AM
if u have an 01, get the GIAC X Chip, yu'll get some serious power outta that one

SuitedAces
10-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Thanks guys, sounds good. I didn't think the intake would do that much, and it sounds like it's a waste. I'm now doing some research on the chips (APR vs. GIAC) to figure which will work the best.

Still like to know which exhaust is the best one...on top of my list is performance, but sound is also very important.

Thanks!

EC Motorwerks
10-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by SuitedAces
Thanks guys, sounds good. I didn't think the intake would do that much, and it sounds like it's a waste. I'm now doing some research on the chips (APR vs. GIAC) to figure which will work the best.

Still like to know which exhaust is the best one...on top of my list is performance, but sound is also very important.

Thanks!
I have a '97 and have APR chip. But if you can get the GIAC - X chip, do that. There really is no comparison.

jjjoe
10-17-2004, 03:22 PM
I have the AWE Borla on my 2k tq. Like it a lot and it was easy to install. The sound is good, on the quiet end of the scale which is where I personally prefer it.
Good luck.
Joe

AudiSnawb
10-17-2004, 07:01 PM
iM sPORTIN THE bORLA ON MY B5... nICE SOUND... AND NOT VERY HARSH. oops sorry bout the caps

littlewhite
10-17-2004, 07:43 PM
Welcome ! Looks like u r in OR, check the NW forum.

Go with GIAC and since u r in Portland, stop by Matrix since is local and GIAC dealers and get it chip. Talk to Jermey ( jeremy@matrixengineering.cc ) and tell him Carson refer ya, he is a great guy and can take care of it. I have an Evo intake for a long time and with additional heatshield, it works pretty well. Exhaust, AWE borla is a good deal and setup.