PDA

View Full Version : Locks don't work

lucas.dargis
10-30-2008, 06:49 AM
My locks don't work at all. Both the remote and the switch on the door have no effect. no noise or anything.

The fuse is fine. I think it has something to do with the pump, but i don't know where it is or what it looks like.

Anyone have any pics or suggestions that could help me out?

Thanks

Audituning02
10-30-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm pretty sure the power lock vacuum pump or actuator is in the right side of the trunk behind the trim panel but I could be mistaken.

lucas.dargis
10-30-2008, 08:23 AM
I pulled out the carpet in the trunk on the right side. there are some hoses and a white box with some wires going to it. is that the pump?

Sorry, i'm a newb

bassed
10-30-2008, 08:43 AM
I pulled out the carpet in the trunk on the right side. there are some hoses and a white box with some wires going to it. is that the pump?

Sorry, i'm a newb

Yes that is the CLP.

lucas.dargis
10-30-2008, 09:00 AM
OK cool,

So do you guys think that the pump could be the problem? is there anything else i should check before i replace it?

bassed
10-30-2008, 10:14 AM
OK cool,

So do you guys think that the pump could be the problem? is there anything else i should check before i replace it?

It's the pump 99% sure, the implellers shatter to a milllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleyon pieces usually after time. I went through mine at 80k, and was locked out of the drivers door for 2 months in a record snow season in Tahoe. I had been broadsided years before and never thought to check the lock cylinder with my keys m(always used the fob) and go in that way until the locking pump broke. Needless to say I had to get a new cylinder to match my keys, compliemts of the dealer who did the body work from the accident (2 years after they replaced the door[>_<]).

lucas.dargis
10-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Interesting.

I opened up the pump and the impellers were fine. however some water had got on the circuit board and looks like it got shorted out.

So i'm gonna replace the pump and go from there i guess. Thanks for the help.

dmaize
08-13-2009, 09:06 PM
was the water your problem?

1999A4
10-28-2009, 08:27 AM
Did you fix the problem?/

dmaize
10-28-2009, 09:20 AM
i fixed mine, it was the propeller. i installed a new pump. i have two more if you want one. they are from 90 audis, but work great. just plug one vacuum hose and wire it up.
http://www.audizine.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=23012&cat=53

RoadRage
10-28-2009, 02:17 PM
i might need one of those. I haven't been able to use my FOB for months now. But, I am able to use the button on the drivers door to unlock and lock the rest of the doors. So maybe it's not the CLP? Anyone have any insight on that one? FOB batteries are new.

dmaize
10-28-2009, 03:16 PM
i might need one of those. I haven't been able to use my FOB for months now. But, I am able to use the button on the drivers door to unlock and lock the rest of the doors. So maybe it's not the CLP? Anyone have any insight on that one? FOB batteries are new.

Road rage, if your locks work with the button. Than your pump is fine. Its your remote. Reprogram it. And make sure your batteries are good.

Steel_Rain
10-28-2009, 05:45 PM
I have a new OEM dealer bought CLP new in box for sale in the class section if you end up needing it...

Here is the link : http://www.audizine.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=23730&cat=500

Let me know,

Justin