PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Question

fanuvbrak
10-15-2004, 07:27 AM
If you're under warranty and the timing belt breaks prior to suggested replacement (105,000 miles) is it and the subsequent damage covered?

Daft
10-15-2004, 07:50 AM
This is tricky.

Is your warranty the factory one or is it a pre-owned certified warranty?

The reason I ask is because the pre-owned warranty doesn't include free maintainence at the regular service intervals.

If you have a pre-owned warranty, you are supposed to pay for maintainence work yourself. If you fail to do the maintainence and the timing belt breaks, you are the guilt party.

fanuvbrak
10-15-2004, 11:26 AM
it's certified pre-owned. i have had all of the maintenance suggested, but they don't suggest a TB replacement unti 105,000. I only have 65,000 on the car. So I'm thinking if all other maintenance is taken care of and the TB snaps and screws up my valves, it would be under warranty. That way, I don't have to worry about a TB replacement for a a few months and get my GIAC chip.

Nguyen972
10-15-2004, 10:54 PM
i'm under da pre- owned warranty and i just did my timing belt at a shop near my house. The guy use to work at AUDI. So he did a great job. Did me and my frens A4 on da same day.

RippleChip
10-16-2004, 07:11 AM
In that case I would think you'd be covered. You'd looked after all warranty work and something broke prior to the replacement interval, its a faulty issue with a mechanical part that is covered under the warranty.

Don't take my word for it, but that is what I gathered when talking about the warranty with my dealer. Anyone confirm?