to fitment problems.Now most people don't mind losing them
but I actually need them, I can't see for sh*t at night even
with my glasses. So not only do they look cool but they are
functional, at least to me they are. Well I'm looking for some new ones to
replace the stock (really long) ones. the gap on the bottom
where the stock lights go is 3" high so i need some that will
fit in there, however I would like them to match my car and
NOT look all rice. I'm thinking something more round not long
or obround. So any one got any suggestions?
Thanks guys.
oh and preferably not anything really expensive like those damn PIAA's
$240.00 damn those better shot lasers

oldblu
10-22-2008, 04:24 PM
you mean fog lights?

kampfer
10-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Well as far as I understand there is a difference between the two.
Driving lights will help you see at night reaching farther ahead of you
while fog lights help you see in bad weather and light up closer to you
I need both but I live in So Cal so we don't get too many bad weather days
but I really need Driving lights.

zrowcool
10-22-2008, 04:32 PM
whats wrong with the headlights? I guess you could buy a small set of driving lights and install them if you need them

kampfer
10-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Actually this brings up another little mod I wanted to do, I was going to cut out two 3" diameter holes in the bumper right below the head lights for the fogs. I was also going to make some covers at work to... well cover them when not in use, i was going to cut out the word AUDI into them with a lens behind the cover so if i felt like it i could turn on the fogs and with the covers still on and you would see the the word light up.
What do you think.

arorem
10-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Actually this brings up another little mod I wanted to do, I was going to cut out two 3" diameter holes in the bumper right below the head lights for the fogs. I was also going to make some covers at work to... well cover them when not in use, i was going to cut out the word AUDI into them with a lens behind the cover so if i felt like it i could turn on the fogs and with the covers still on and you would see the the word light up.
What do you think.

That would be different. Go for it and post some pics. Im with you, i cant see at night for shit either, i just had the idea to mount some hellas on the front and just drive around pissin people off, but i would finally be able to see.[drive]

kingtr
10-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Wait a sec. You had to remove the STOCK foglights, or other DRIVING lights you added? If you removed the stock FOG lights, then throw some hella micro DEs in there, provide great light output.

Or better yet (and possibly cheaper depending on year of car) have you considered upgrading the headlights to HIDs?

ct1.8t4me
10-23-2008, 06:55 AM
My car never had fog lights other than the ones integrated into the head lights. I added these: http://www.audizine.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=23157&ppuser=12851

I don't think they look too bad. They are $30 Hella's I believe.

I found them: Hella Optilux: http://www.hella.com/produktion/Optilux/WebSite/AuxiliaryLights/FogLamps/Model_1122/Model_1122.jsp

kampfer
10-23-2008, 08:05 AM
Yeah i had to remove the stock "fog" lights for the FMIC to fit and wanted to know what lights you guys would replace them with as the stock ones are too long and don't fit.
So yeah thanks guys for the suggestions I'll check them out.