PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Pureaudi
10-13-2004, 04:30 PM
I have a 97 a4 1.8t automatic. and i have a couple of questions about things i hear or feel while driving my car....it has about 83k miles on it. thanks.

When i accellerate, sometimes it sounds like there is something rattling in my rear tires. like a little marble is loose rolling around. is it my control arms? its a pretty faint sound, but somtimes it gets annoing. you can only hear it if the windows are down.

another thing that i have noticed, is that when i let go of the gas pedal, it starts to decrease in speed (coast) normaly, but when i press the gas again, not hard, just normaly, it chunks (a very slight jolt) kinda, then goes. is this normal?

sorry for the random questions, im just wonderin. thanks all that help! you guys have been awsome!

later

-DEx

MikekiM
10-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Have you tried removing the center cap on your rear wheels? I've seen instances where a lug bolt has fallen out, and been rolling around in the center cap area.

If everything checks out in that respect, consider having your wheel bearings inspected.

Control arms don't typically change sound while the cars rolling. Usually you can make control arms squeek just by pushing down on the car standing still.

As for the bucking of the engine, check to make sure your motor mounts are still in good shape. If/when they fail, they typically release a purple goo. It's grossly obvious. If they check out, consider upgrading your front snub engine mount to a polyurethane mount. Our mounts help to reduce the engine movement that you're feeling, and make shifting more comfortable.

Engine mount (http://www.pure-motorsport.com/products/description.php/II=42/CA=343/PA=4)

Pureaudi
10-13-2004, 05:01 PM
i thought engine mounts were only for stick...hmm ill look into this. i dont think my lug bolts have fallen out. i just had a 25k mile check up at 80k miles..haha when i got the car i have 83k now. youd think they would have fixed this shit. or tell me its going bad.

so if i bring in my car, what should i ask them to check out. like a list of some sort? fu(k...i just want my car to work and not have lame ass sounds....grrrr

Steve24
10-13-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Pureaudi
i thought engine mounts were only for stick...

the engine just hovers in automatics [:D]

Pureaudi
10-13-2004, 05:23 PM
hahaha yea, automatic tranny was invented by data, from star trek...(star trek fans youll get this, the rest....i dunno...

Pureaudi
10-13-2004, 10:50 PM
thanks guys for the help

MR VTEC
10-14-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Pureaudi

When i accellerate, sometimes it sounds like there is something rattling in my rear tires. like a little marble is loose rolling around. is it my control arms? its a pretty faint sound, but somtimes it gets annoing. you can only hear it if the windows are down.

I have that same problem and no one can diagnosis it! [mad]

Audimarc
10-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Steve24
the engine just hovers in automatics [:D]

Yes, held together via the all-important flux magnetic capacitor...

Pureaudi
10-14-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by 1999 Audi A4
Yes, held together via the all-important flux magnetic capacitor...

ohhh yesss the all inportant flux manetic capacitor! i forgot about that![:p]