PDA

View Full Version : Apexi Turbo Timer

A Foore
10-13-2004, 03:39 PM
Already searched, but no answers.
I have an opportunity to pick up an Apexi turbo timer but the original owner said he cut off the universial harness, and put on butt connectors because there is no harness avaiable for Audi so he had to cut it off anyways. Is this true?
Also, is the hook up the same as the Greddy III?

EastSidinA4
10-13-2004, 04:42 PM
I just installed mine. Youre suppose to cut of the universal harness because they dont make one for our cars. Its the same installation as the greddy TT. Look at the tech article in this forum or on AW with the pictures (theyre the same one). It was a really easy and straight forward install. The only thing i have an issue with the Apexi is that the auto timer feature doesnt work with our cars.

Spam-N-Rice ETR
10-13-2004, 05:15 PM
I didn't have any issues with using the auto timer on my 2000 A4. I believe the auto timer feature uses the O2 sensor to "judge" how long the timer should stay on after you remove your keys. Therefor, you would have to connect the O2 sensor wire to the pre-cat O2 sensor for the auto timer to work.

A Foore
10-13-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by EastSidinA4
...The only thing i have an issue with the Apexi is that the auto timer feature doesnt work with our cars.

If it doesn't work, then there's no point in installing, right? Isn't the purpose to install a TT so that it does cool down the car after removing the keys?