PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty of swapping projectors

Shady Milkman
10-13-2004, 11:27 AM
I recently got ssp stage 3 lights and now really want some ecodes but dont want to pay the price. So the next best thing would be to swap Ecode projectors in my existing halogen housing.

Has anyone done this before and know how hard it is or have a guide? or where i can get some ecode projectors? Thanks

DarkkstaR
10-13-2004, 01:01 PM
I am interested in this. LMK what you find.

quickglx
10-13-2004, 01:10 PM
Very easy. take the housings out and remove the cap. I think there are three screws retaining the projector. Then pry off the four clips keeping the lense to the reflector and remove them seperately. You *may* find some projectors on e-bay. There used to be an HID forum but I think its gone for some reason....

Daft
10-13-2004, 01:41 PM
You're going to have one hell of a time finding the 60mm projectors that come with the e-code housings.

The projectors themselves are an odd size and finding a set of them with the e-code cutoff shields will be even harder to locate. In addition, you're looking for projectors that are made for D2S bulbs so, that's an even harder product to locate.

The problem is that most people will want to sell the whole housing. There are guys selling raw projectors on Ebay but,

#1 - They're ususally not the 60mm size (usually 90mm hella ones)

#2 - They're never e-code versions. (they are usually from junked US version cars)

Shady Milkman
10-13-2004, 02:04 PM
any way to tell the differance between us and ecode projectors?

ProtoColD
10-13-2004, 07:31 PM
I have Ecode Halogen projectors for the Audi. Same size as the DOT so it is a straight swap.

They have the same beam pattern and output, you just need a H7 to D2S adaptor.

Zodiak
10-13-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by ProtoColD
I have Ecode Halogen projectors for the Audi. Same size as the DOT so it is a straight swap.

They have the same beam pattern and output, you just need a H7 to D2S adaptor.
just to clear up the confusion, if there is any, he wants JUST the projector, not the housing.

ProtoColD
10-13-2004, 07:45 PM
Yep. thats what I got. Here is the picture :)

Note the cutoff line inside the projector are different than your DOT version and it has a clear lense and your DOT dont.

http://flyservers.registerfly.com/members5/d2shid.com/images/lexus_complete4.JPG

derek2079
10-13-2004, 08:07 PM
maybe this is why one of my headlights is duller than the other one. maybe one is e code and the other is dot... one shines more clear and puts out less light the other one looks not so clear and puts out more light. how can i tell for sure?

ProtoColD
10-13-2004, 08:15 PM
No, the ecode are clear and give out more light.

Shady Milkman
10-13-2004, 08:44 PM
do you sell those? how much?

ProtoColD
10-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Yes I do. $160 a pair.