PDA

View Full Version : First Thing Gone Wrong At 112,xxx miles! Electronics Question

anmagro
10-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Hey guys,

I got so mad today when i found the first thing to go wrong with my A4 at 112,xxx miles! I couldent believe my baby. Even tho its something really small, its the first thing to ever go wrong. lol. The UP Position on my drivers side control for my front passenger side widow. The switch will move the window down but not up, one click down still works and 'exterior key hole window option' still moves all windows up and down.

So its got to just be the switch in that door.

The Switch doesnt make that 'click' noise so i know its not making a connection.

Anyone got a site that has OEM switches? To go to the dealership is stupid. can i just go to Radio Shack and get a switch with the same weight pull? I know it doesnt really NEED to be fixed, but im just anal with this beloved freaking car. haha. [wrench]

Jibberific
10-11-2008, 11:34 PM
head to a junkyard and pull one from a scrap car. that's what i would do

zrowcool
10-12-2008, 08:54 AM
try ap auto specialties. they are an advertiser here who part out audis and plenty of b5's with great prices and excellent service. i've ordered from them at least 7 times and have no complaints at all

anmagro
10-12-2008, 10:25 AM
zrowcool, thanks for the link. ill try it out. have u gotten engines from there by chance?

junk yards are a liiittle to far from where i am to go just for a switch, ill stop by the junk yard if im out there for something else.

Nothing on the Radio Shack idea guys?

thanks for info...

zrowcool
10-12-2008, 09:54 PM
never got an engine but if i needed one i definitely wouldnt hesitate. gotten plenty of interior parts, axles, steering rack and some other various stuff i cant remember. they do offer a warranty and are reasonable. theres an all audi junk yard in ny by the name of shokan but those guys are straight crooks.

i dont think anything in radioshack would help you. rather just go oem and be done than try to hack it up

AudiA4_20T
10-12-2008, 09:56 PM
never got an engine but if i needed one i definitely wouldnt hesitate. gotten plenty of interior parts, axles, steering rack and some other various stuff i cant remember. they do offer a warranty and are reasonable. theres an all audi junk yard in ny by the name of shokan but those guys are straight crooks.

i dont think anything in radioshack would help you. rather just go oem and be done than try to hack it up

Shokan will bend you over so hard

anmagro
10-13-2008, 01:28 AM
lol ok so NO Shocan, sry if this is a bad post, kinda drunk..

hey, im in college wat do u expect.....

so watt is a good euro audi junk yard?