PDA

View Full Version : problem with an 01 a4

Sick_Boy
10-11-2008, 06:08 PM
i got a 01 1.8tqm and i had a cel due to a o2 sensor so and today when i tried to reset my ecu by unhooking the neg. on the bat. i must of messed something up cause when i reconnected the bat. and started the car it wouldnt idol it would just die. i could keep it running by giving it gas but it just wouldnt idol. heres a lil vid of what it is doing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhJ9IrBnS0g. is it possible the my MAS got messed up?

Kaytek
10-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Did you first put the key in the ignition and turn it to the 'ON' position but without starting to let the ecu run a throttle body alignment? Don't know if that would do it but it's worth a shot.

Also, if you scanned the car and knew you had a CEL due to an O2 sensor, why not clear the CEL with the scanner/VAGCOM? Why unhook the battery?

Cheers,

Kaytek

Sick_Boy
10-11-2008, 06:39 PM
i had autozone test it and i didnt know that you could clear the cel with the scanner but thanks man, i didnt turn the key in the one position im trying it now. how long should i leave it in the on position b4 i turn my car on?

Kaytek
10-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Just leave it for a little while; I guess until the beeping noise changes. Word to the wise though, get a VAGCOM. Even a cheap Ebay cable and VAGCOM shareware software. Makes life so much better when you can check things immediately yourself.

Cheers,

Kaytek

Seerlah
10-11-2008, 07:03 PM
It is the throttle body adapt. If you remove the negative from the vehicle, or cut power you need to place the key in the starting position for maybe 3-5 min for the throttle body to adapt to the ECU.

audiness
10-12-2008, 02:17 PM
throttle adaptation was not done.

Sick_Boy
10-12-2008, 03:03 PM
ok guys i let it recalibrate for about 5 mins and its still running like shit. i found a vac line off but when i put it back on nothing happened. is there some kinda anti theft that i need to clear up? and when i attached the battery shouldnt it of asked for my security code on my head unit cause it was working fine when i turned the power back on

A3toB5
10-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Question.. the throttle body reset is for a drive by wire or cable ?

Sick_Boy
10-12-2008, 03:24 PM
drive by wire

GetBoosted84
10-12-2008, 06:32 PM
I had the same type of issue and it ended up being a huge boost leak and my MAF was dumping too much fuel and couldn't compensate. Might want to try looking for that. Only takes a few minutes to run a boost leak test. Here's a video of mine stalling out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTG5tOGNh7o

Sick_Boy
10-12-2008, 06:54 PM
well my dv is ripped in two right now but its been that way for a week with no issues and i was told its fine to drive on as long as its not like a hour drive. but my 004 comes tomorrow

Rhinop21
10-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Well theres your problem. palmface now.

Sick_Boy
10-12-2008, 07:23 PM
yeah i feel like a dumb ass. i just dont get why it was running like a champ for the whole week it had the boost leek