PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Integration

Skylinedc505
10-11-2004, 09:42 PM
I was wondering how I could go about hardwiring my cell phone using the armrest phone jack and A-Pillar mic. Is the install and compatibility subjective to the type/brand/model of cell phone and what would I need?

It's becoming a little annoying to squeeze the phone between my head and my shoulder while I'm shifting and keeping my eyes on the road...

derek2079
10-11-2004, 09:59 PM
i wanted to do this aswell because if you have the symphony you can use it as somthing to talk through aswell which would be nice to hear people talk over your speakers and shiznit. but since i couldnt figure it out i just got an aftermarket

Skylinedc505
10-11-2004, 10:02 PM
aftermarket HU?

A4Rob
10-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by derek2079
i wanted to do this aswell because if you have the symphony you can use it as somthing to talk through aswell which would be nice to hear people talk over your speakers and shiznit. but since i couldnt figure it out i just got an aftermarket

Aftermarket like the one from Wal Mart that goes through the radio? Those are cool[cool] [:p]

Moops
10-12-2004, 05:19 AM
link (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8903)

I have Motorola V60 phone with handsfree kit that I installed myself in both A4's I have had. I spent a lot of time trying to get the factory mic and speaker to work but the clarity was never there. I used the mic and speaker from the kit and it sounds much better.

Really the nicest feature with the wiring in the car is the automatic radio mute feature.

Unleaded20T
04-05-2008, 08:16 PM
link (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8903)

I have Motorola V60 phone with handsfree kit that I installed myself in both A4's I have had. I spent a lot of time trying to get the factory mic and speaker to work but the clarity was never there. I used the mic and speaker from the kit and it sounds much better.

Really the nicest feature with the wiring in the car is the automatic radio mute feature.

I have the V60 and the cradle from an 2005 A8L and i want to integrate this to an B7 A4.

Does anybody have instructions for this?

Vreihenmotor6
04-05-2008, 10:03 PM
I have an ego blue tooth kit, it has by far the best sound for the person on the other end of the call of any kit I've tried (beats parrot by a bunch) I'll make a post with the plug and play harnesses for out cars in a few days

A4Shizzle
04-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Anything you do in the armrest will either require you to solder a custom adapter to that ethernet jack on both ends, or split the armrest apart, which I did to run my ipod adapter. It was a BIG pita...

Unleaded20T
04-11-2008, 08:12 AM
I have an ego blue tooth kit, it has by far the best sound for the person on the other end of the call of any kit I've tried (beats parrot by a bunch) I'll make a post with the plug and play harnesses for out cars in a few days

We'll be expecting your post then.

where did u get your Ego bluetooth kit?

Vreihenmotor6
04-11-2008, 09:03 AM
We'll be expecting your post then.

where did u get your Ego bluetooth kit?

enfig car stereo

they've got the plug and play symphony and concert wiring harneses that make the ego kit work just like the factory unit now (you still have to use a separate mic though)

I'll have it at the enfig gtg next wensday if you wanna see it