PDA

View Full Version : Crutchfield Opinions?

fanuvbrak
10-11-2004, 10:56 AM
I'm buying a new HU for my 99 A4 (I'm thinking of the Harmon Traffic Pro). I'm ordering it from Crutchfield because so far, they're the first ones that told me about the adaptor for using original speakers (non-bose) and how it works (P/N PAC OEM-2 $30). best buy and circuit city wanted to re-wire the whole system. the salesman on the phone said it wouldn't be that hard to install and their instructions were very detailed and geared for the car you're working on.

I did a search, but couldn't find any mention of crutchfield instructions or the degree of difficulty on the HU change.

Please help! I don't own any cassettes and if I hear hoobastank one more time on the radio i'm going to lose it.

Thanks!

Boba Fett
10-11-2004, 11:02 AM
Crutchfield prices are usually higher than a retail store but I've always had a good experience when buying equip from them. The include all the stuff you'll need for install along w/ good instructions. Worth it if you're going to be doing it yourself and aren't an expert.

Zodiak
10-11-2004, 02:44 PM
The price on the Traffic Pro ($400 vs the retal $1200) is a good deal. I don't know of any retail stores that sell that HU. But Crutchfield is a well known and popular online store, you shouldn't have any trouble with the install

BQAD
10-11-2004, 05:45 PM
They are excellent. As already mentioned, their prices aren't any better than retail, but they deliver quick and include instructions for everything whether you ask for them or not. They are also nice people to deal with and seem very knowledgeable about the stuff they sell.

Digit@lex
10-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Crutchfield tends to be a little bit more than the local shops but I would highly recommend them. You're paying for the high level of customer service and free installation accessories. I've had nothing but good experience from them. Their support staff is very knowledgable from the dealings I've had. I was very impressed.

ahvier
10-12-2004, 10:25 AM
agree with all of the above. they provided the tools i needed to pull my HU and i even received a free subscription to Road and Track for shopping with them.