PDA

View Full Version : ARGGGGGG!!!!

kampfer
10-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Damn it guys if it's not one thing it's another!
so recently about two weeks at most i started hearing a dentist drill noise, it's really high pitched sort of sounds like crickets or some sort of bug on the side of the road i can only hear it whe ni'm against a wall or barrier and it gets quicker the more i accelerate. i cant really hear it when not against a wall so im not sure it's the dreaded dentist drill.
My waste gate is broken so i only get about 6-7 psi and it stays at 5 psi.
I just got a new cat and a/c condenser so i just spent my mod money for now so i will have to sacrifice. I really need a new turbo but i really cant pay more then 150 i checked the classfieds and can't find one.
Help me please!!![=(]

Jibberific
10-02-2008, 12:10 PM
the chirping is normal..

kampfer
10-02-2008, 12:40 PM
I don't know man, this noise just started recently. or maybe only now im noticing it.
either way my waste gate buzzez every time i decelerate so what i understand is that that is my waste gate not closing so that causes my to loss psi

Seerlah
10-02-2008, 12:52 PM
The noise is just your turbo spooling. It is ok. That is the reason you hear it more when accelerating. And my wastegate was stuck open also. My mechanic fixed it for me for free with a screw driver (he was cool and was doing work to my car so I asked him to check things over. wastegate was stuck open and he just stuck a screw driver by it and did what he does). You don't need a new turbo.

JoBuNY
10-02-2008, 12:58 PM
What does your PSI sit at when you first turn on your car and just idle?

kampfer
10-02-2008, 02:15 PM
there is no boost
and when i accelerate i get about 5psi to 7psi but it hovers at 5 so there is something wrong. I checked for boost leak from intercooler to manifold and there wasnt any i tried to check from turbo to intercooler but I couldnt. I know for a fact that i have a broken waste gate so that might be giving me the 5 psi i'm not in limp mode i think i have a 99.5 b5 quattro and as far as i understand there is no computer controlled limp mode.
I dont know, any advice would be a great help.
Thanks guys.

Jibberific
10-02-2008, 03:13 PM
it could just be the wastegate actuator, they are only like 180 bucks.

and if you aren't chipped..... 5-7 psi is 100% normal. i had a boost leak in my old stock b5 and i only got up to 3 psi.

kampfer
10-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Really, well I am tiptronic so I wasnt expecting any real horsepower here but really 5-7 is normal i was always told 9-10 was normal.
yeah and about the waste gate i was either going to get a KO3s or another KO3 or just fix the darn wastegate.
Let me know what you guys think, this is my first Audi and now that I am really starting to get problems you guys seem to get me out of hot water every time.
Thanks.

Jibberific
10-02-2008, 04:45 PM
9-10 is what the newer engines with the K03S boosted. AEBs like ours were only intended to push 6-7 from the factory.

A used turbo or new WG actuator will cost you about the same and probably be roughly the same amount of effort to install. Doing your own labor can be frustrating and difficult but it is always very rewarding.

kampfer
10-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Ah, ok thanks man.
You are a god amongst men.