PDA

View Full Version : Iat Color Codes 2000 Audi Tt

DUNCAN
10-08-2004, 07:30 PM
SERIOUSLY TRYING TO INSTALL A ZERO GRAVITY CHIP IN MY 1.8 TT
NEED TO KNOW THE COLOR CODES FOR THE POWER AND SIG. WIRES. HELP.. THANKS. DUNCAN

ncttrnl
10-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Hmmm... My bentley is at my parents house.

Do you have a pdf of the install instructions or anything and I can try to figure out which wire it is later if no one else answers your question first?

ncttrnl
10-08-2004, 07:43 PM
BTW, I'm trying to google this and I'm coming up blank. I've never even heard of a zero gravity chip.

Any reason you didn't go GIAC.... Their new flash program for the TT is hot and there is not wire cutting involved.

Hutash
10-09-2004, 09:00 AM
Same for the REVO flash. It can be changed with a flash tool for different situations. Can the GIAC chip?

ncttrnl
10-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Hutash
Same for the REVO flash. It can be changed with a flash tool for different situations. Can the GIAC chip?

GIAC does not have the same tool REVO does to change the flashes. There is much more to a chip than a plastic box with some knobs though.

I really don't want to start a chip comparison in here. I want to help this guy install whatever this is that he probably already bought. I was just asking because I tried googling it and came up with nothing.

DUNCAN
10-09-2004, 04:44 PM
CAN FIND INFO ON THIS ITEM AT WWW.VSERIRESENGINEERING.COM.

DUNCAN

ncttrnl
10-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by DUNCAN
CAN FIND INFO ON THIS ITEM AT WWW.VSERIRESENGINEERING.COM.

DUNCAN

WWW.VSERIESENGINEERING.COM

I checked the site but I couldn't find any info in wiring or anything. They are looking for some sensor called the IAT and said its also known as the coolant temp or O2 sensor and is usually located on the intake manifold. Then they say the MAF has IAT wires.

The TT has a coolant temp and 2 O2 sensors. None of these are on the intake manifold.

The MAF Sensor is next to your airbox.

On the manifold itself there is an intake temp sensor.

Just before the intake... mounted on one of your intercoolers is a MAP (manifold absolute pressure sensor)

I don't want to overload you with info but I'm not sure what you're looking for.

ncttrnl
10-09-2004, 05:08 PM
OMG... I just found out what this thing is... DON'T PUT IT ON YOUR CAR!

People on the net are saying its nothing more than a resistor that fools your intake temp sensor into thinking its colder. If you wanted to do something like this, you can go search for how to put a resistor on your map sensor for better results with about the same amount of risk.

You are not going to make nearly enough power to justify the risk you will be taking with increasing the risk of detonation in your cylinders. TTs are already turbocharged and run pretty high compression. You don't want to be disabling safeguards for 1-2 extra HP when you can get a chip from a real tuner and have 20-40 more of safe HP depending on your car.

You have a TT... don't put this piece of crap on it. Leave this thing to the lesser vehicles.

Check out GIAC, REVO, or APR and get a flash program. It will be the best 500-600 bucks you ever spent and they actually know what they are doing.

If you really want to put this thing on, your intake temp sensor is in the front of your intake manifold and held in place by one screw.

If you love your TT you will think twice about this one though.

DUNCAN
10-10-2004, 08:26 AM
THANKS FOR THE GREAT INFO.
DUNCAN