PDA

View Full Version : Speedtuning chip for 1.8T and 30v 2.8 Group Buy

onepoint8tee
09-18-2008, 08:36 AM
I'm not very active on this site, so I don't want this to come off as spamish, but this is sort of an insane deal. I'm hosting a group buy for speedtuning for 97-01 1.8T and 98-01 2.8.

Group Buy for a Speedtuning chip for 97-01 1.8T & 98-01 2.8
$145 +shipping!

If interested, you must first send me a PM listing:
Your name
Your address
Your phone #
Your engine
Your tranny
This is your comitment to buy

After that, send a personal check or money order in the amount of $145 to:
(payable to speed tuning usa) You can use snail mail for this if you want, overnight shipping is stressed for the ecu though.
Speed Tuning USA
2203 Spencerville Road
Spencerville, MD 20868

Payment should be sent immediately to ensure that you get the GB price, however, Oliver is on vacation until Friday Sept. 26. We can start shipping our ECU's at that time if he has recieved 10+ payements. This will need to be coordinated somewhat though. We can't send him 10 ecu's all at once and expect them to get back to us on the same day as everyone else. I will let you know when you should send your ecu once you let me know that you sent payment, but everyone should be able to get it out by around Oct. 1st. Also once you've paid, you will be able to send in the ecu at your convenience (After Sept. 26) since it's already paid for. So if you need to wait a week because you need your car, that won't be a problem.

Important:
Speedtuning must recieve at least 10 payments before they accept 10 ecu's to work on in order to honor the GB price. So everyone must send their payment BEFORE Sept. 26. I could have people send me the money directly, but I thought people would feel more comfortable eliminating the middle man so to speak.

When you are ready to ship the ecu:
Make sure that you put a return address on the package with your name. It's not necessary, but maybe helpful if you also drop in a note that lists your yr/engine/tranny, like you gave me.

Factory ECU's are pretty durable. Just wrap them in bubble wrap and put them in a good sturdy box, and they will be fine.

Overnight shipping before noon via FedEx or UPS should ensure delivery back to you within 3-4 days. $20 should cover overnight shipping and remember that insurance is optional. The return shipping is included in the $145.

ECU Removal:
Pre 99.5: http://goapr.com/Audi/support/ecu_a4_passat_early.pdf
99.5-01: http://goapr.com/Audi/support/ecu_a4_s4_a6_late.pdf

Not sure how long this will go on, but probably not for long, so if you've been waiting for a good price on a chip, do it now!

Any questions just PM me.
More info:
www.speedtuningusa.com
http://www.speedtuningusa.com/products/audi.htm

Silverstreak98
09-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Interesting......anyone have this chip?

onepoint8tee
09-18-2008, 09:21 AM
There are a handful of people on audiforums who have had it for a while 1.8 and 2.8 (previous GB) and love it. It's a big score for the 2.8 crowd. Their 1bar chip for the 1.8T is competitive with the rest. I think they offer engine specific dyno graphs on their site too.

I have GIAC on my 00, and am going this route for my 97.

SykoraA4
09-18-2008, 09:42 AM
i have their chip, my car's a 2000 1.8t. i love it, i spike a little over 20, hold around 19. it feels good

BONFIRE074
09-18-2008, 03:12 PM
*waits for 2.8 user inputs*

onepoint8tee
09-18-2008, 03:27 PM
I honestly don't know if the 2.8 really gets the advertised 15 or so hp, but I do know that on a different site, we have several people with the 30v chip who swear by it.

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
09-18-2008, 04:12 PM
*waits for 2.8 user inputs*
For the price it wouldn't hurt any for you to purchase it.
Dont expect gains as the turbo application would get but you will get some improvement.
I purcahsed an aftermarket chip for my na integra and the improvement was noticable and well worth the money. (approx $150)

djwimbo
09-18-2008, 04:46 PM
I would say that's the best power/price ratio a 2.8 can do. A typical exhaust and SRI install barely get you that, and for what cost?

onepoint8tee
09-18-2008, 05:01 PM
This is crazy. You guys can get chipped for $165 incl. shipping and no one is jumping on this ? This gb won't last forever. It's a super deal for all those w/1.8t, and anyone with a 2.8 should be foaming at the mouth right about now :)

djwimbo
09-18-2008, 05:03 PM
...or take that $165 and save another $13, so you can buy the 630cc Deka's from Pete. That way you can skip the BS and go straight for the BT.

onepoint8tee
09-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Not everyone has BT plans. Whoever Pete is, and however big his injectors are, and how it is ideal for your future BT plans is sort of irrelevant to the topic, don't you think?

djwimbo
09-18-2008, 05:42 PM
This it true. I'm excited for all you guys getting in on this extreme offer.

BONFIRE074
09-18-2008, 06:06 PM
i was just wondering about the 2.8 bc i used to have one...unless you sell wrx flashes this wont do me any good [:D]

onepoint8tee
09-18-2008, 06:27 PM
If there is anyone that doesn't have BT plans, and currently owns an Audi, please don't pass this up. I'm so surprised that the 2.8 guys arent running in from all directions.

maxspeed
09-18-2008, 06:40 PM
If there is anyone that doesn't have BT plans, and currently owns an Audi, please don't pass this up. I'm so surprised that the 2.8 guys arent running in from all directions.

im sure 11 years of hearing "a chip wont do anything for a 2.8, skip it..." has something to do with it...

BONFIRE074
09-18-2008, 07:07 PM
im sure 11 years of hearing "a chip wont do anything for a 2.8, skip it..." has something to do with it...

[>_<] haha prolly

pho1n1x
09-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Hmm.. it looks like they're up in MD... if I got in this, you think they'd be willing to do it for me for the gb price w/o shipping if I drove up there myself one of these weekend? I had been thinking about GIAC for a while so is this worth the time effort vs GIAC?

onepoint8tee
09-18-2008, 07:37 PM
The group buy is a limited time only sort of deal. You can't just get the GB price whenever you get around to making the trip. I don't have a deadline yet, but these things usually only last a couple weeks. You'd have to do it this weekend or the next at the latest. He would need to remove your ecu, so that is some labor that is to be considered, probably equal to what the shipping costs are, maybe less. I'll try to find out how long the gb is going on for.

rocky.ca
09-18-2008, 07:56 PM
im in, but how long would the turn around be for me, being in canada. also, i saw the post on audiforum.com, if this forum doesnt have enough interest ill just get it done through that one.

Mike

onepoint8tee
09-18-2008, 08:21 PM
I don't know how long it would take since you are in canada, probably not real quick though... Here are the details:

You must first PM me your name, address, yr/engine/tranny to commit to buy and get the gb price. After that:

Personal Check or money order
Make it out to:
Speed Tuning USA
for the amount of $145
Ship it to:
Speed Tuning USA
2203 Spencerville Road
Spencerville, MD 20868
via fed ex or UPS

Make sure that you put a return address on the package with your name. Include payment and ECU in same package. It's not necessary, but maybe helpful if you also drop in a note that lists your yr/engine/tranny, like you gave me.

Factory ECU's are pretty durable. Just wrap them in bubble wrap and put them in a good sturdy box, and they will be fine

Overnight shipping before noon tomorrow via fed ex/UPS should ensure delivery back to you by Weds. at the latest. $20 should cover overnight shipping. Remember that insurance is optional.

Please send your ECU's out tomorrow

Thanks
Jason

More info:
www.speedtuningusa.com

NorCal1.8T
09-18-2008, 08:28 PM
i wanna hear from someone who has one before i jump on this, but i am interested

NorCal1.8T
09-18-2008, 08:29 PM
How does it compare to Giac X? Because i am considering that too

onepoint8tee
09-18-2008, 08:36 PM
There are a handful of people on audiforums.com that have it. You can search there if you want. I've never heard anything but praise about it though.

As for how it compares to the x chip (thats only for 01+ 1.8T right?) I think it's not as aggressive. People w/1.8T say they boost up to around 20 and hold 15-18 depending on load and rpm though. Feel free to contact Oliver at speedtuning and ask.

B518T
09-18-2008, 09:57 PM
I have had speedtuning for the past 7 or 8 months...

I have a 1998.5 1.8TQM....I have put upwards of 8k on this chip and it has ran flawlessly....

if you have never driven a chipped 1.8t before you will be amazed....1st will kick you in your pants...second dies off quick, 3rd pulls till redline along with 4th and I haven't had it up past 130, but it was definitely pulling when i goth there.....

for the $ you cannot beat this tune....It spikes at 18 and holds at 15/16....the only supporting mod I had was a 710n, but I just installed my splitter....(no mbc)

I will promise you that if I lined up next to any giac/apr chipped a4, they would not pull away from me...this chip is comprable to both GIAC and APR....

the next thing I am going to do is pick up an n75 race valve...which will up the boost a couple more psi :)....

if you are not chipped, this is the time!

onepoint8tee
09-19-2008, 08:06 AM
If anyone is interested in this, email me dirtyaudi@hotmail.com

prey
09-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Can u wait like 4 days till i get my b5, thanks

Prey

onepoint8tee
09-19-2008, 10:04 AM
All you need to do is follow the directions in the original post. Let me know. Thanks.

SykoraA4
09-19-2008, 01:57 PM
oliver was pretty cool about letting me go to the shop. I got mine during a group buy last year. My name was put on the gb list and then i let him know when i could come by. Paid for it right there when he was done, it only took about 20 minutes.

Probably separate from the group buy, but definitely something to consider, i was quoted 300 bucks for a K04 file from them if anyone is trying to find a good deal on that...

onepoint8tee
09-19-2008, 02:10 PM
BUMP!

You guys affraid of a good deal or something? Insanity.

To be clear.. You can send payment now to get the GB price, and then send in your ECU when convenient in the next couple weeks.

le91688
09-19-2008, 02:34 PM
I'd rather not have to send in my ecu. I'm just gonna eventually pony up 250 and take it to a GIAC dealer in my area and let him install it

onepoint8tee
09-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Group Buy price ends Sunday night.

I can't keep checking back all the time to read replies from people who have no intention or genuine interest :(

It's kind of strange when someone offers people a great deal on something so desireable, yet no one expresses real interest. What is the deal? Is it because it's not called "GIAC" or "APR"? Who really cares? It's a 1bar chip mapped similary to the rest, but for $300-$400 LESS! Hell, I have GIAC in my 00, and I'm going speed tuning for my 97, and I don't mean to come off as an ass, but I'm sort of an informed consumer when it comes to aftermarket parts for the Audi. Not just some n00b trying to get people to buy into something that I don't believe in.

I don't normally post on these forums. I just thought it would be cool to include members from a site that I sometimes browse and am a member of. If my n00b reputation on AZ is a reason, you can check me out on audiforums.com. My reputation there might not be much better :) but at least you can see that I've been in the community for years and have contributed a lot.

McGovs2.7TB5
09-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Damn, $250 for GIAC? When I was shopping chips I couldn't find anyone to do for less than $500.

I have the SpeedTuning flash and I couldn't be happier. I DD my A4 and never really had any ambition/cash flow to go BT so I jumped on this on the first gb back in Dec. On mine I spike 17-18 in 1st/2nd and 20-21 in 3rd and 4th. holding about 16 on all gears. Power comes on where you'd expect it and pulls great at hwy speeds, even at high altitude (colorado high country). I've never driven any of the other brands, but I did a friendly pull w/ a GIAC K04 '98 and we were pretty much even from a 3rd roll. I would say if want a chip but dont wanna spend half months rent this what you're looking for.

onepoint8tee
09-19-2008, 03:21 PM
I think he means an additional $250 on top of the cost of the speedtuning chip. There is no such thing as a $250 GIAC chip unless you are buying a used giac chipped ECU for dirt cheap, or just have the physical chip/socket.

le91688
09-19-2008, 03:25 PM
I think he means an additional $250 on top of the cost of the speedtuning chip. There is no such thing as a $250 GIAC chip unless you are buying a used giac chipped ECU for dirt cheap, or just have the physical chip/socket.

no? Didnt they drop prices IIRC

onepoint8tee
09-19-2008, 03:33 PM
I heard they dropped in price too, but according to AWE's site who I think is GIAC's largest dealer, the price is the same. $400 for dbc, and $495 for dbw.

erikas3
09-19-2008, 03:41 PM
+1 for the Speedtuning chip. I've had it for a year now. I would say that its just like the GIAC/APR chips, but it's definitely good stuff for the money.

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
09-19-2008, 04:16 PM
ONEPOINT8TEE
dont take it so personal. If you dont get enough recruits for the gb then don't worry about just see if they can give you a discount for your efforts.

onepoint8tee
09-19-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm not taking is personally. Just clueless as to why there arent a lot of takers. It's not my discount I'm worried about. I'll have enough people for that, it's just that I thought that there would be more.. A lot more.

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
09-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Feelers and and groupbuy are for window shoppers...
Everyone wants one until they are for sale then no one buys them...
Get your chip and enjoy...

dan4g63
09-19-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm interested, so for a 01 A4 1.8T will they flash the ECU or solder a chip?

onepoint8tee
09-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Bench flash for 00/01, no solder. Please PM me your info when you are ready.

onepoint8tee
09-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Update GB is over at the end of the month, Sept. 30th. Thats when speedtuning needs to have recieved payment by for the GB. You can send your ecu in after that at your convenience if you want/need.

black99.5a4
09-20-2008, 09:56 AM
how accurate are the numbers given on their site? i ask cause they are making 38 more tq then the uni stg1+ is, which is what i'm looking at going.

xraycer2012
09-20-2008, 10:43 AM
I am very interested, but I am in between jobs. I start my new job monday, but I'm not sure when I'll receive my first pay check so money's kind of tight now. I'll know better on monday. This really is an awesome price though

onepoint8tee
09-20-2008, 11:18 AM
how accurate are the numbers given on their site? i ask cause they are making 38 more tq then the uni stg1+ is, which is what i'm looking at going.

No one that I know of has taken it to the dyno except for one guy a long time ago who had a crappy BT tune from them on a vw forum. It seemed though that he actually got the wrong tune.

Anyway, thats a question for Speedtuning.

It does seem that the advertised hp #'s might be a little lower than competitors, yet their tq#'s are greater... Which really makes no sense. But others who have have experienced both have described it much like APR's 1 bar chip at the butt dyno.

NorCal1.8T
09-20-2008, 11:32 AM
onepoint8tee, i will pm you all my info later tonight, i dont know my engine type yet.

onepoint8tee
09-20-2008, 11:37 AM
01 is AWM. Thanks.

NorCal1.8T
09-20-2008, 12:01 PM
i meant ecu type

le91688
09-20-2008, 12:03 PM
for a 2000 with a 2.8 would it just be a flash or would it be a chip solder?

onepoint8tee
09-20-2008, 12:03 PM
I just need your name, address, yr/engine/tranny type when you send the payment.

black99.5a4
09-20-2008, 12:56 PM
nvm, his tq ratings are listed in Nm to make em look good.. the 1.8t is really only 196/190 if that's even achievable.. i'll just save up the extra 400 for my stg1+ uni.

magnum46
09-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Buyers Beware. Caveat Emptor

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?showtopic=101785&hl=speedtuning

Long story short, some have less of a positive experience.

I have an A4 too. If Oliver will man up and be a better business man, i will likely get his tune. At the moment, i can;t afford to lose the ECU and have a dead car. So if you live near Speedtuning you should go for it. If you are sending in your ECU, you better pray.

onepoint8tee
09-20-2008, 01:06 PM
There are issues with every company every now and then. Speedtuning's track record is just about as good as the rest. Even though the link you provided is broken and most importantly lacks facts, you just have to accept the fact that there are going to be issues every now and then.... Even with APR and GIAC. So yeah, buyers beware. You take somewhat of a risk in all things that you purchase as a consumer, and not all experiences can be 100% positive. To say if "you are sending the ecu you better pray" is rediculous. There have been numerous successful group buys with them where numerous people have shipped their ecu's without issues.

magnum46
09-20-2008, 01:06 PM
I just need your name, address, yr/engine/tranny type when you send the payment.

Do you work for Speedtuning or not?
I hope you are just a nice guy trying to help folks on this forum out, but if you work for Speedtuning, your GB+pressure tactics can take a hike.

Here's how it should go so folks don;t get ripped off.

1. Speedtuning needs to take Paypal or CC.
2. ECU turnaround must be 3-5day, not whenever Oliver has time to do the ECU.
3. Why should there be a collective 10 orders before he will start? So he can screw all ten at the same time and walk away from this forum?

Buyers BEWARE.

magnum46
09-20-2008, 01:10 PM
There are issues with every company every now and then. Speedtuning's track record is just about as good as the rest. Even though the link you provided is broken and most importantly lacks facts, you just have to accept the fact that there are going to be issues every now and then.... Even with APR and GIAC. So yeah, buyers beware. You take somewhat of a risk in all things that you purchase as a consumer.

Link is fine. But Oliver's MO is simple.
Take orders and under deliver.
Then ask folks to claim against USPS insurance.

He will leave you high and dry...

onepoint8tee
09-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Do you work for Speedtuning or not?
I hope you are just a nice guy trying to help folks on this forum out, but if you work for Speedtuning, your GB+pressure tactics can take a hike.

Here's how it should go so folks don;t get ripped off.

1. Speedtuning needs to take Paypal or CC.
2. ECU turnaround must be 3-5day, not whenever Oliver has time to do the ECU.
3. Why should there be a collective 10 orders before he will start? So he can screw all ten at the same time and walk away from this forum?

Buyers BEWARE.
No I don't work for speedtuning. Pressure tactics? lol I have a list of 17 people from AF that are in, I don't need tactics.

How about you give Oliver a call or email and tell him how to run his company?

Buyers beware of the small minority of people who have had a poor past experience and feel that it is their mission to sabotage the company/group buy, etc.

Shipping insurance should certainly eliminate any doubts. It's not much exta through usps.

magnum46
09-20-2008, 01:24 PM
BUYER BEWARE.

After you send in your personal check or money order that has been cashed. The transaciton is not a guaranteed transaction, unlike paypal or CC, you are screwed.
Your ECU may arrive late or defective.

What are you gonna do then?

Guess what, Oliver is going to ask that you claim USPS insurance.
He makes it your problem, after you send in your perfectly working ECU and he sends one back to you that does not work.

So buyer beware.

onepoint8tee
09-20-2008, 01:26 PM
We get it, you had a poor experience and did not use insurance. Don't act like this is what is going to happen to everyone. Sadly, you ARE a minority. I have done the research to know this. Of the roughly 30 or so members/people who I have talked to about their personal experience, you are the 2nd person with a complaint. Those arent bad odds, but it sucks for you nonetheless. Again, not ALL experiences can be positive with all products and services. Spam "buyer beware" all you want. No one is trying to make the buyer unaware of anything... Quite the opposite, actually.

magnum46
09-20-2008, 03:23 PM
I did purchase insurance. But I was not willing to commit insurance fraud.
I didn;t think USPS broke anything.

its really not in your interest to drag this out. Its bad publicity for ST.

All I am saying is, if you are buying from ST, you may just be the unlucky SOB with a dead ECu and a car that won;t move...

why are you working / shilling for ST anyway? What are you getting out of this deal? A free tune?

onepoint8tee
09-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Sorry about your bad experience. But it's not a trend for anyone to worry about.

It is in my interests to protect potential buyers from your bitterness, because you certainly act like the same thing that happened to you will happen to them. You said "pray" as if they will need a prayer to keep what happened to you from happening to them, as if it is something that happens on a regular basis. It is not. You are the only person trying to give bad publicity.

I get a free tune out of this, yes. I've passed the quota for that a while ago, so be sure that my continued support for this/the gb is not motivated anything more than trying to hook people up with a good price on a chip.

magnum46
09-21-2008, 07:10 AM
well, i applaud you then for trying to protect folks on this board from a similar bad experience.

it appears we have the same objective in mind. I too, do not want somebody to get a bad deal.

Is it possible for Oliver to take the transaction using CC or PAYPAL?
Can he turnaround an ECU in 3-5 days?

That would give buyers peace of mind.

AND I WILL SEND IN MY ECU TO GET TUNED AS WELL!!!

J Ozzie
09-21-2008, 11:15 PM
hold up this sounds sketchy

drunknmunky408
09-22-2008, 12:29 AM
it definitely sounds fishy. A chip for about $150???... when everyone is charging 450 to 600? I wouldn't send mine in either cuz the deal is toooo good to be true. when things are toooo good to be true, you know you're setting yourself up to get screwed in the ass. Sorry onepoint8tee... I rather spend a little more and know that its going to be done right. If you are running a business, you cant tell customers that they'll get it back when the guy feels like doing it. There needs to be a time frame everything! how would you feel if Oliver ships your ECU back a month later cuz he is doing yours for free? I prolly would be pissed!! Anyhow, thats my 2 cent. Good Luck with the group buy. Deal is too good to be true or else I'd chip my bros 2.8 to gain 15hp

J Ozzie
09-22-2008, 02:15 AM
Plus id be ok if the guy wasnt a noob with only a few posts... Maybe if he had a few thousand posts and you could see he has been around here for a while... But sorry im not about to screw my self in the ass either.

Oh and about this money/cheque order.... what ever happened to paypal?....either then that... good luck to the ppl that do decide to go with it. Id rather pay the 400-500 for a product that will be backed up for life.

McGovs2.7TB5
09-22-2008, 07:17 AM
onepint8tee has over 10,000 posts on AF he explained in the OP he doesn't post here much.

FWIW I had 3 days turn around on my ECU when I sent it to ST. Thats Denver to MD and back.

slopoke
09-22-2008, 07:18 AM
Regular pricing is $249? Thats still extremely cheap..
http://www.speedtuningusa.com/products/audi.htm

Kyle H
09-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Plus id be ok if the guy wasnt a noob with only a few posts... Maybe if he had a few thousand posts and you could see he has been around here for a while... But sorry im not about to screw my self in the ass either.

I know it's been addressed already, but onepoint8tee is not a noob with a few posts! when I got into Audis he already had been on audiforums for a while!

I have a friend with SpeedTuning on his 1.8t and he loves it, the car pulls much harder than stock.

Thanks for extending the GB to the end of the month... I'm still on the fence on whether I want to drop the $165 right now for this (or any other) chip.

onepoint8tee
09-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Heads up. If the 17+ people that are supposed to send payment follow through on that, Speedtuning will be very busy next week. I sent everyone PM's, but I just want it to be known that some people probably will not be able to send their ecu in until the 2nd week of October. Shipment time is to be arranged by you and Oliver. But don't feel bad, I will probably be the last to get chipped.

I specificaly asked about using credit cards, and for whatever reason, he can't accept them when making discounts for GB's. He told me "personal check or money order." I really don't know why paypal would not be accepted. If you are interested in paying that way, give them a call to be sure it's ok. I really don't know why it would be a problem except for the withdrawl/transfer fees that he would incur. He seemed to stress that a check or money order was the best way. There werent any objections to paying that way, so I didn't really think twice about it.

If you think this sounds too good to be true, then by all means skip it. But how about researching/waiting to see what the results are from other members before making bold statements that aren't based on facts? The timeframe for everything is in place. Pay before the 30th to get the GB price, then arrange an ideal time to ship your ecu according to yours/speedtuning's schedual to ensure it gets back to you in the quickest possible time. Pretty simple.

But sorry im not about to screw my self in the ass either.

Sure about that?

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
09-23-2008, 01:52 PM
to the OP i hope your not into sales...
You have to learn to be a little more diplomatic.
Understand everyone isn't gonna want it and there will doubtin debbies but you have to roll with the punches especially when you are so persistent and pushy.

I dont need a chip however i followed the thread because i thought more 2.8 guys would have jumped on it.

onepoint8tee
09-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Ok.. and I hope you're not into group intervention on a profesional level..
Look. I don't work for speedtuning, and I'm not getting anything more than a free chip out of this... So to suggest that I would make a poor sales person is sort of irrelivant. There is no need for me to sit back listen to the bitter nay sayers spout off information that is either false, or is not based on facts or personal experience (with the exception of 1 or 2 people) and not speak up. If you think it's too persistent and pushy, then whatever. Go give sales tips to someone someone who is in sales. I've been very fair in making points and stressing my beliefs. If people don't see some emotion and nerve for such things, then they would have a reason to feel reluctant.

SmellMyFace18t
09-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Holy Freacking Crap Batman... You Would Think Some Of These People On Here Had Sand In Their Vagina's. Screw The Group Buy And All That Hassell I'll Just Go To Spencerville And Have It Done Their Or Not... Maybe I'll Just Keep Rocking A Stock A4 Because No One Can Shoot You Straight Anymore. I "love" The Way The World Works...party On!!

onepoint8tee
09-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Stay tuned for a GB on shift keys.

K04B5
09-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Stay tuned for a GB on shift keys.

Shift keys??? please explain more. I'm interested in the 1.8t group buy, will be pming you shortly.

1poynt8tee
09-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Yikes, this thread got way off topic...so can anyone vouch for the speedtuning chip bought in a group buy like this before? Sounds like a great deal, but it'll be hard to trust anyone with a name like 1point8tee...haha....[cool]

Rhinop21
09-25-2008, 11:15 PM
I can, I got in on a group buy on audiforums about 6 months ago. Ive been chipped with speedtuning for about 6months with an mbc at 22psi, testpipe, forge 004 bov. I paid 150 total back then. I got my ecu back 2 days after I shipped it out. From oregon to maryland. Nothing bad at all with the car ever. raced an auto 1.8t avant with apr and pulled about a bus length from 20-110. Oliver is not very good at communicating but I have nothing bad to say. 30awhp and 50ft.lbs for 150 is amazing. do ittt.

JaVa
09-26-2008, 05:48 AM
is this a flash or a chip? car in Question is a facelift 2.8

slopoke
09-26-2008, 06:31 AM
depends on your year...

Russell2686
09-26-2008, 06:39 AM
Shift keys??? please explain more. I'm interested in the 1.8t group buy, will be pming you shortly.

HAHAHA he meant because that guy Typed Every Word With A Capital First Letter. That shit pisses me off so much too.

Anyway this thread is funny. Continue...

flynnr
09-26-2008, 01:34 PM
HELLO TO EVERYONE ON AZ!!! (im a frequent user of AF)

lol 1) WOW this thread is rediculous

2) i hate people who say ooo waa waa [=(] hes going to screw me "buyer beware"... wtf no one is grabbing by the balls and forcing you to do this... me on the other hand see it this way... its going to cost me $150 approx for a chip that tons of people have bought and maybe 10 people dont like ... IMO thats a great feedback % to me for performance stuff... how many people buy turbo's that eventually blow out? think no one buys garrett turbo's because 10 people had bad experiences? LOL your stupid if its a good product it will sell itself

3) ST is a nationally known company... do you think he would try to fukk 20 -30 people from the only audi forums out there jsut to steal money from them? i dont know oliver personally but i have talked to him on the phone and he came off as the type of guy who is in it for the customer...

4) WHOEVER thinks this is "too good to be true" why do you say that? how much do YOU think a computer program SHOULD cost everyone to be used to flash our ECU's ?? i think paying $500 is rediculous, and those guys have to be making a killing... say 10k people have boughten chips for $500, thats 5 million dollars right there... the program probably took MAYBE 50 grand for everyhting including testing with dyno and everything, after that its just little things here and there... if you WANT to pay more be my guest, but in my mind your stupid... and think about it this way if you buy one pack of M&M's at the gas station its about $1.... if you buy it at sams club (big quantities (like a group buy)) and buy 100 packs, they are giogn to proabbly be only .25 each pack... thats the concept behind this hes being nice and giving a good deal to us because he knows he will get 20 - 30 buyers pretty easily... hes doign us a favor because we are doign him a favor and giving him business

5) with the $350 or 400 i save, if somethign DID go wrong for any reason, and all of us got fukked over, i would go buy a plane ticket, and throw bricks through every one of the windows at his business, and at the cars out front, i think he would then regret his decision [:/]

6) i sent my money order to ST (in the AF group buy with a note saying please call me when you get this (i had a question for him) , and today i got a phone call from a 301 area code and on the other line was oliver who was a very nice, knowledgeable guy to talk to

7) with the $125 +20 for overnight shipping, all of us DO GET a $100 shipping insurance included, and i asked him about this he said if for any reason somethign went wrong, there would be no problem finding an ecu to use for under $100 so not to worry he would straighten things out

8) so everyone should quit their bichin and if you think you want to get chipped and have $150, id say do it! its not the end of the world its only $150 its not like your buying a house or something christ

THANKS ALL... and dont act like such little girls about all of this

maxspeed
09-26-2008, 06:01 PM
haha, ive never seen a bunch of people bitch about a good deal before!

increadible

pho1n1x
09-26-2008, 11:14 PM
I just got it done today...the weather was a bitch and the place was kind of hard to find but Oliver's legit, even if his Austrian accent does get in the way.. Thanks to the OP for this! Fortunately for me, I'm within drivable distance so that I had the peace of mind that I could be there in case something happened to the ecu. Def worth it for the price though.. We'll see as I put more miles on it.

bob12312357
09-27-2008, 07:16 AM
[;)]
HELLO TO EVERYONE ON AZ!!! (im a frequent user of AF)

lol 1) WOW this thread is rediculous

2) i hate people who say ooo waa waa [=(] hes going to screw me "buyer beware"... wtf no one is grabbing by the balls and forcing you to do this... me on the other hand see it this way... its going to cost me $150 approx for a chip that tons of people have bought and maybe 10 people dont like ... IMO thats a great feedback % to me for performance stuff... how many people buy turbo's that eventually blow out? think no one buys garrett turbo's because 10 people had bad experiences? LOL your stupid if its a good product it will sell itself

3) ST is a nationally known company... do you think he would try to fukk 20 -30 people from the only audi forums out there jsut to steal money from them? i dont know oliver personally but i have talked to him on the phone and he came off as the type of guy who is in it for the customer...

4) WHOEVER thinks this is "too good to be true" why do you say that? how much do YOU think a computer program SHOULD cost everyone to be used to flash our ECU's ?? i think paying $500 is rediculous, and those guys have to be making a killing... say 10k people have boughten chips for $500, thats 5 million dollars right there... the program probably took MAYBE 50 grand for everyhting including testing with dyno and everything, after that its just little things here and there... if you WANT to pay more be my guest, but in my mind your stupid... and think about it this way if you buy one pack of M&M's at the gas station its about $1.... if you buy it at sams club (big quantities (like a group buy)) and buy 100 packs, they are giogn to proabbly be only .25 each pack... thats the concept behind this hes being nice and giving a good deal to us because he knows he will get 20 - 30 buyers pretty easily... hes doign us a favor because we are doign him a favor and giving him business

5) with the $350 or 400 i save, if somethign DID go wrong for any reason, and all of us got fukked over, i would go buy a plane ticket, and throw bricks through every one of the windows at his business, and at the cars out front, i think he would then regret his decision [:/]

6) i sent my money order to ST (in the AF group buy with a note saying please call me when you get this (i had a question for him) , and today i got a phone call from a 301 area code and on the other line was oliver who was a very nice, knowledgeable guy to talk to

7) with the $125 +20 for overnight shipping, all of us DO GET a $100 shipping insurance included, and i asked him about this he said if for any reason somethign went wrong, there would be no problem finding an ecu to use for under $100 so not to worry he would straighten things out

8) so everyone should quit their bichin and if you think you want to get chipped and have $150, id say do it! its not the end of the world its only $150 its not like your buying a house or something christ

THANKS ALL... and dont act like such little girls about all of this
INtresting post being you joined 5 days ago and made 3 posts including this one.[;)][rolleyes]
Try and be a lil less obvious.

bob12312357
09-27-2008, 07:22 AM
Ok, I have the speedtuning chip. Works great,pulls hard(well its an Audi so it will keep up with most other bone stock family sedans),dirt cheap. Me personally can't complain. Drive down to Maryland from SI. Oliver is a standup guy, very knowledgable. Had fun driving back with my new tune. I may go with him for a K04 file in a lil bit.
However yes, it true and if u search Audiforums there are several, not just a couple of complaints about the ECU not gettin flashed,damaged and other stuff. Considering how many people hopped on, i'm sure theres gotta be some pissed off buyers. Caveat Empour.It's a good deal and a hundred and somethin bucks is very lil 2 lose considering how many "performance" parts do nothing.

Welch1082
09-27-2008, 08:07 AM
is there anyway i could get in on this still because i live right around the corner from the shop?

NorCal1.8T
09-27-2008, 06:14 PM
If i send the payment monday could i still get in on the GB, I live in CA 94949??

onepoint8tee
09-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Sure, pm me your name and car specifics and I'll put you on the list.

onepoint8tee
10-02-2008, 05:41 AM
A little late, but for archiving purposes:

This company has been around longer than APR:

1996: Foundation of the company SpeedTuning® in Austria since 1998: Homebase Linz, Austria annual car show (i.e. Design Center Linz)

1999: Main distributor for SpeedBuster®/Germany for Austria.

2001: Foundation of SpeedTuning® USA, Spencerville, MD.

Russell2686
10-02-2008, 08:55 AM
A little late, but for archiving purposes:

This company has been around longer than APR:

1996: Foundation of the company SpeedTuning® in Austria since 1998: Homebase Linz, Austria annual car show (i.e. Design Center Linz)

1999: Main distributor for SpeedBuster®/Germany for Austria.

2001: Foundation of SpeedTuning® USA, Spencerville, MD.

Damn, you do a ton of ass kissing for a $150 free chip [rolleyes]

onepoint8tee
10-02-2008, 09:12 AM
It's not about ass kissing. It's about delivering accurate information to a bunch of nay-saying sheep. It's for all the closed minded pricks who open their mouths before getting facts, or if you simply think that speedtuning is a fly by night tuner. It obviously has also been hugely about addressing and correcting asshole replies such as yours. It's no big deal though, I don't take anything personaly off the internet, but constantly having to set you fools straight is becoming taxing enough [rolleyes]

Anyways, thanks to all those from this site who got in on the GB. A few people from AF have already got their ecus back and are loving it. Let us know what you think.

1poynt8tee
10-02-2008, 10:04 AM
^^
Wow...If I purchase a GIAC chip am I going to receive that warm welcome too? Haha

Onepoint8tee, not everyone is willing to be out an ecu for a given amount of time, or have it come back damaged or without a proper tune. Sometimes it's not about the "brand name" but the fact that many, myself included, are not local to the shop. If Oliver was right around the corner, I'd have jumped on this within the first hour.

Plus....some people got a good deal and you got a free tune...so whats the point of calling us "all nay saying sheep" and claiming to "have to constantly set you fools straight"?

Relax.

onepoint8tee
10-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Yeah no big deal. I'm not trying to force it down anyones throat. Just trying to make sure the record and facts on ST are clear and that a bunch of pesimists don't screw it up for anyone else who might have an open mind. It's pretty obvious that I'm not talking to people like you who havent acted that way, so YOU relax :)

Russell2686
10-02-2008, 11:46 AM
HAHA you get so offended over this chip when you have nothing to do with the company, you act like this is about your personal business or something. Get over it. I hope your free chip comes with a free reach around also.

onepoint8tee
10-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Offended? You don't have any idea how much I look forward to replies such as yours. Just another example of what I've been talking about all along. I already said I don't take these things personaly. You are suggesting that there is something wrong with a consumer defending and supporting a product that they believe in, and standing up to people who base their feedback on theory, guesses, and outright falsehoods. I don't agree with it, but I'm not going to tell you to get a reach around either. Why are you trying to be involved in and interact in a situation which you have and want absolutely nothing to do with? Seems like a waste of your time.

Russell2686
10-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Offended? You don't have any idea how much I look forward to replies such as yours. Just another example of what I've been talking about all along. I already said I don't take these things personaly. You are suggesting that there is something wrong with a consumer defending and supporting a product that they believe in, and standing up to people who base their feedback on theory, guesses, and outright falsehoods. I don't agree with it, but I'm not going to tell you to get a reach around either. Why are you trying to be involved in and interact in a situation which you have and want absolutely nothing to do with? Seems like a waste of your time.

Nah, thats my problem right now, i have to much free time so im not wasting any of it, i also look forward to your responses thats why i posted, for my own amusement. I don't even know how this thread lasted so long i thought group buys had to be authorized

Admin
10-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Group Buys are not allowed for, by, or through companies that do not support the Audizine Community.