PDA

View Full Version : >>>POCONO VID::VID Whores Rejoice<<<



audisnapr
10-06-2004, 08:32 PM
ayight gang... finally got around to putting that Pocono video together. It's about 5 minutes long, so the file size is a bit big - somewhere in the 35mg size. Right now it's a QuickTime MOV file, but if you need, I can convert to other formats, just let me know.

POCONO VIDEO (http://public.visualrealms.com/audi2/pocono/poconovid01-sml.mov)

enjoy. [:D]

sighpost
10-06-2004, 08:39 PM
pretty cool

aussie_s4
10-06-2004, 09:08 PM
With the over-exposure on that camcorder, it looks like the course was covered in fog!! What camera mounting did you use?

I love your Avant (http://forums.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=263493). What brakes do you have up front?

audisnapr
10-06-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by aussie_s4
With the over-exposure on that camcorder, it looks like the course was covered in fog!! What camera mounting did you use?

I love your Avant (http://forums.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=263493). What brakes do you have up front?

actually, that isn't overexposed due to the camera, that WAS fog. I got screwed out of my fourth track session because the fog ended up getting so bad. [mad]

I'm running the ECS Stage I (13.1") rotors w/ OEM calipers and Hawk HPS pads. They were really nice on the track. I could break so much later than most everyone else. I'm sure the quattro helped, but I gained most all my time on the infield even though they would drive away from me on the sweeper.

I didn't use a pre-made camera mount... I used gear from my photo equip.

http://public.visualrealms.com/audi2/pocono/CRW_7025.jpg

Anthony
10-06-2004, 09:20 PM
Great work man! Avants oWn! [cool]

quattro_maniac
10-06-2004, 09:36 PM
that was SICK...great vid man...WRX What?

Audi_Sniper
10-06-2004, 09:39 PM
That was great![:D]

Now lets see some more [:p]

aussie_s4
10-06-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by audisnapr
actually, that isn't overexposed due to the camera, that WAS fog.I thought no way would you be driving in fog[confused]....I assumed that perhaps the dark interior was fooling the camera too much?!

A4 in SC
10-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Damn, now that was some fog!!! Great video. Of course, you knew I'd say it, but how about turning down the background music a little... I'd much rather hear the engine and exhaust noises... OK, call me an old fart, I don't mind...[;)] Don't get me wrong, the music is cool, but just a little too loud to 'enjoy the moment', if you know what I mean.

Very good video though!!!

Speck
10-07-2004, 06:34 AM
More? Please, sir, feed us more :)

Awesome :)

RedRocket
10-07-2004, 06:44 AM
Very nice. I can't wait to do that, seem like everytime I think about it, it's further and further away.....[:(]

audisnapr
10-07-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by A4 in SC
Of course, you knew I'd say it, but how about turning down the background music a little... I'd much rather hear the engine and exhaust noises...

oh yeah, I was thinking about your comment while I was doing the sound mix. The only problem doing that with this video was that there was so much wind noise that you really couldn't hear the exhaust unless I was going pretty slow. I opted for the cool sound track instead. Just listen closely, you'll hear the exhaust from time to time [;)]

audisnapr
10-07-2004, 07:04 AM
crap, why didn't anyone tell me I misspelled "course"??

audispeed
10-07-2004, 07:17 AM
Nice vid man. That looks so much cooler than autocrossing. I really wish I was able to make it to the Glen. Oh well, there will definitely be other chances.

marked001
10-07-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by audisnapr
crap, why didn't anyone tell me I misspelled "course"??

www.dictionary.com [:D]

A4 in SC
10-07-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by audisnapr
oh yeah, I was thinking about your comment while I was doing the sound mix. The only problem doing that with this video was that there was so much wind noise that you really couldn't hear the exhaust unless I was going pretty slow. I opted for the cool sound track instead. Just listen closely, you'll hear the exhaust from time to time [;)]

It's all good. Considering the amount of fog, I'm sure the wind noise was bad too. That, especially at speed. No problem at all. Very good video.

Audimarc
10-07-2004, 10:24 AM
marked001 - No, no - http://www.urbandictionary.com/

audisnapr - How come you didn't pass the BMW? Shame on you! :)

audisnapr
10-07-2004, 10:29 AM
I eventually did... but most of these guy that out horsepower me won't let me pass on the infield cause they know they will be right on me on the sweeper. That red BMW wasn't that fast, he was actually a pretty good driver.

Audimarc
10-07-2004, 11:06 AM
As long as you won. I'm not against cheating if it will mean passing the "Ultimate Driving Machine" - Sarcasm....:)

Silvant
10-07-2004, 01:15 PM
word... i'll have to edit some of my videos someday..

audisnapr
10-08-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Silvant
word... i'll have to edit some of my videos someday..

uh yeah... lets see um. I need to see what you guys are doing out on the tracks. Would be super helpful for my future videos. Hoping to get some better footage at Lime Rock at the end of this month.

Audimarc
10-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Don't forget the hot babes! Anything in a t-shirt will do....

audisnapr
10-08-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by 1999 Audi A4
Don't forget the hot babes! Anything in a t-shirt will do....

damn I need to get my priorities straight. There was one girl... probably like 5'9+ wearing a mini skirt who rolled up with a guy in a blue S4 Avant. I spent more time looking at his car and talking with him than I did filming his girl. Other than that, it was 55 degrees and rainy, so there wasn't going to be too many hot girls in t-shirts. It was dude-fest Pocono.

The S4 Avant was supposed to be on the track with the rest of us, but apparently on his way up while following his buddy something was thrown at his car from his buddy's tire and damaged the hood and radiator... basically f'n up his front end to the point where he wouldn't pass tech.