PDA

View Full Version : V Checker?

bigrobby
09-14-2008, 08:22 AM
99.5 A4 1.8t APR 93 octane 147k

it's about time i got this whole vag-com things. basically my abs and brake lights come on every once and a while and i'm sure its the module but i'm just holding out some hope its a sensor. anyways...i need a scanner that'll tell me check engine and abs codes...and i'd like to erase them....will this V-checker for 59 at ECS tuning do the job?

thanks

willowtreexx
09-14-2008, 08:38 AM
Yes it will. I bought the same thing and it worked great. However, if it is your ABS module that is out, it will not be able to clear them. I found this out becuase the brain to the ABS is broken and therefore cannot connect to the Vchecker to clear them. But i had EVERY light on and it was able to clear them, even Airbag ones [:)] good investment

bigrobby
09-14-2008, 09:25 AM
oh clearing airbag lights is a nice thing....mine came on and my mechanic said next time he'd charge 50 to clear it. Vchecker sounds like a good deal to me.....about my ABS module...guess i better hope for the best....I heard it a solder point that comes loose....and trying to fix it yourself can really damage it...is that true? I'm not a professional when it comes to soldering but i have decent experience.

CycloSteve
09-14-2008, 02:16 PM
oh clearing airbag lights is a nice thing....mine came on and my mechanic said next time he'd charge 50 to clear it.

Time to get both the tool, and a new mechanic. [;)]