PDA

View Full Version : sunroof wont slide open completely

A4_2.8tuner
10-06-2004, 05:52 PM
The other day i went out to my car and started it up, then proceeded to open the sunroof, or try to anyways. It stopped halfway open, and wouldnt go any further, so i closed it. Now it will still not open all of the way, but will go a little more than 3/4 open, but will not fully slide open still. While sliding it slightly chatters or quivers and slowly comes to a stop 3/4 of the way open. Does anyone know what the problem might be or has anyone else had this happen to them also? and how would i go about fixin this? even though its winter and i dont NEED it right now...it still bugs me to know that somethings not workin right.

chrisrunner
10-06-2004, 05:56 PM
happened to mine, the inside piece that slides over to hide the glass wasn't gliding on the track correctly....try slamming that back and then opening the sunroof....other than that, i have read that it is a pain in the ass to take apart the sunroof....you could try using white lithium grease on the tracks to stop the chattering and maybe it'll smooth out and open it up?

sorry if i dont have a solid answer...it seems to be one of those trial and error type of solutions.

chris.