PDA

View Full Version : Ticketed for Window Tinting?

PoWeRof4
09-09-2008, 05:24 PM
I got a ticket a couple days ago for my front tint being too dark (as I watched a dozen other cars go by me) on the 5 north by carlsbad,ca. Does anyone know if there is a alternative to getting the tint removed? I heard, could not confirm, that there is a fine I can pay instead? Any words.....?

biketsai
09-09-2008, 05:26 PM
I think you can have a picture of your car without tint

Turn10
09-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Tinting the front is illegal everywhere so just take it off, I have 20 all around and no tint up front.

DGAFxxx
09-09-2008, 06:11 PM
I've had my tint on for about 2 years, never had a problem till about a month ago. It's 3% all around. I had some cop pull me over, gave me a fix it ticket. I called a few weeks later and told them I sold my car, so I couldnt fix it. They said just pay the $40 ticket. I never took mine off, and dont plan on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/dc2spdrcr/P1000382.jpg

Poopie
09-09-2008, 06:13 PM
i have 20% all around...no problems....come on..whos gonna pull over a blue wagon anyways?

getslideways
09-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Tinting the front is illegal everywhere so just take it off, I have 20 all around and no tint up front.

in WA i am pretty sure you can tint the fronts, but no lower than something like 35%

andyrew
09-09-2008, 06:52 PM
You can have 55% up front in Cali Legally, Front windshield you can have no tint, Rear is no restrictions.

That being said I have 5, 35%

speedydragon
09-09-2008, 06:55 PM
I've had my tint on for about 2 years, never had a problem till about a month ago. It's 3% all around. I had some cop pull me over, gave me a fix it ticket. I called a few weeks later and told them I sold my car, so I couldnt fix it. They said just pay the $40 ticket. I never took mine off, and dont plan on it.

that's a pretty smart idea.

coleA4
09-09-2008, 07:03 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/dc2spdrcr/P1000382.jpg

Lol 3% why dont you just put electrical tape on your windows can you even see through them?

A4 Effort
09-10-2008, 05:18 AM
that's a pretty smart idea.

Until he gets pulled over again for the same thing and the cop notices he's gotten a ticket for tint before. Just remove the tint and get whatever is legal, that way you won't get hassled.

lagunacat
09-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Yes you can remove it and have it inspected = no fine. Or leave it and pay fine. Or contest it in court but only do this if it is a light tint. In CA you are legally allowed a certain % of tint in the front windows. Those who don't agree, this is from the CA vehicle code book.

California law allows tinting of the
windshield and front driver- and passenger-side windows so
long as the coloring permits a light transmittance of at least
70 percent. See Cal. Vehicle Code S 26708(d) .1

I got a ticket a couple days ago for my front tint being too dark (as I watched a dozen other cars go by me) on the 5 north by carlsbad,ca. Does anyone know if there is a alternative to getting the tint removed? I heard, could not confirm, that there is a fine I can pay instead? Any words.....?

1poynt8tee
09-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Any chance you have friends that are cops? All you need is an officer to sign the back of your ticket, essentially meaning the officer inspected your car and the tint is removed. This brings the fine down to $10 for some processing fee or some b.s., at least that's how it works in San Francisco. I've gotten so many "fix-it" tickets for such menial things that I have the process down. [headbang]