PDA

View Full Version : Good driving roads

GramCracker
09-02-2008, 05:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWvZfpz8n30

Hey all. I re-watched TopGear's review of the CLK Black (cause its an incredible review) and it made me want to do some really early morning driving. I live in Fairfield County (its in CT) and I wanted some good roads to drive on. I was thinking about starting on the Merrit Parkway, and then going from there. I want a good route with some nice twisties and some pretty views. Anyone got any suggestions, routes, or roads?

Thanks!

edit: This will take place at 3 or 4 AM, and around November (when I can drive again (i cant drive due to a seizure) and the air is cold)

kneel
09-02-2008, 06:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWvZfpz8n30

Hey all. I re-watched TopGear's review of the CLK Black (cause its an incredible review) and it made me want to do some really early morning driving. I live in Fairfield County (its in CT) and I wanted some good roads to drive on. I was thinking about starting on the Merrit Parkway, and then going from there. I want a good route with some nice twisties and some pretty views. Anyone got any suggestions, routes, or roads?

Thanks!

First off ..........I'm DOWN! Been looking for a cruise on some twisty roads.

From the Merrit, i think you can take that down toward the Taconic. That road has some serious turns and two lanes. From there not to sure, RT.9 in westchester, "Goat Trail" Se

Set something thing up. I'll get some friends that want to cruise. One friend owns a film production company. He said anytime he would film a cruise.

GramCracker
09-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Here's the thing, I will be doing this at like 3 or 4 in the morning. You still down?

kneel
09-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Here's the thing, I will be doing this at like 3 or 4 in the morning. You still down?

It's a bit rough but yeah. Up to commute to NYC around that time anyway. I know Audi of North America did some kinda sunrise cruise a while back. There trip seemed pretty cool. Think it was posted here somewhere.

BigChris
09-02-2008, 08:55 PM

why 3 or 4am?

DownhillA4
09-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Isn't there a Tri-State cruise coming up soon called the Coolwater or something? Supposed to be all scenic/twisty roads. But I think your planning on lighting up the roads late at night.[drive]

GramCracker
09-02-2008, 09:50 PM
why 3 or 4am?

Watch the CLK Black review and you'll know why. Mainly because its soo quiet and peaceful. No one around and nothing to bother you (ie. cell phone, ect)

Isn't there a Tri-State cruise coming up soon called the Coolwater or something? Supposed to be all scenic/twisty roads. But I think your planning on lighting up the roads late at night.[drive]

Yea, I just want to chill basically. Where/when is this cruise?

BigChris
09-03-2008, 06:22 AM
[QUOTE=grAh4m;2839948]Watch the CLK Black review and you'll know why. Mainly because its soo quiet and peaceful. No one around and nothing to bother you (ie. cell phone, ect)

i'm in.... just let me know when.

redhott06
09-03-2008, 07:59 AM
bear mtn baby..

kneel
09-03-2008, 10:38 AM
bear mtn baby..

bear mountain is good too. Any of the roads through Harriman State park.
3-4 in the morning not bad but the new fogs and headlight will brighten up your day. Got some new yellow Highbeams, it's like driving at day-time.

I'm in
Pomona Dave is in
Favabean is in

xraycer2012
09-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Northwest CT has alot of good roads. Route 7, 109, 4, 83, and some more I can't remember off the top of my head. go on google maps and look around in the NW corner. There all in the middle of no where too so there will be absolutely no cars on the road.

GramCracker
09-07-2008, 01:26 PM
bear mountain is good too. Any of the roads through Harriman State park.
3-4 in the morning not bad but the new fogs and headlight will brighten up your day. Got some new yellow Highbeams, it's like driving at day-time.

I'm in
Pomona Dave is in
Favabean is in

Alllll Righty then! Come the end of October/start of November, I'll let you guys know what the deal is. Why october/november you ask? Cause I can't drive till then. Plus all this will give me time to plan a good route.

$4c@b
09-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Merritt Pkwy. to Long Ridge Rd. north. Take it all the way to the end in NY.

Henry Hudson Pkwy to the West Side Hwy. Watch the sunrise from Houston St. with a hot NY bagel.

Charlescrs6
12-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Merritt Pkwy. to Long Ridge Rd. north. Take it all the way to the end in NY.

Henry Hudson Pkwy to the West Side Hwy. Watch the sunrise from Houston St. with a hot NY bagel.

LOL that I'm bumping this but that's a good road. Also if you take exit 28 off of the merrit (round hill road), take a right (coming from new haven) and take your immediate first left, that road is SICK, it's extremely narrow and fun.

A6.S-line
12-30-2008, 12:14 PM
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319497

97YellowA4
01-01-2009, 03:53 PM
rt. 97 is sick its right on the side of a cliff for like minute or two and i think rt. 218 cornwall is very similar takes you to by west point.

jasondmaguire
01-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Anyone still up for this run?