PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Problems

EugeneAUDI
09-02-2008, 04:53 PM
So I guess it is about time that I got a dreaded Audi problem. I have a 2001.5 1.8T, with 120k on it. I was driving up a hill the other night, check engine light came on blinking and so I limped it home, checked and saw that two of the coilpacks were dead. changed those and so my car idles and runs with out hicup... BUT... and this was apparent when i was driving it that night, during the cars low revving rpms, the engine is knocking, which shakes the car. once it passes the lower RPMS that vanishes... did I destroy my transmission? what should I check next. its a deep rumbling everytime i press the accelerator... please help.

Paul

EugeneAUDI
09-02-2008, 04:57 PM
oh, and when the car turns on its a solid CEL, then goes to a blinking CEL when driven. I noticed smoke or stream coming from down near the turbo... it was very hot down there too.

EugeneAUDI
09-02-2008, 06:03 PM
When I do the basic CP check, I think they are all working, there is only a slight change on the third one, but I have replaced the others... is it possible that I just need to reset my ECU?

audiness
09-02-2008, 06:43 PM
change your plugs too... i would replace all coilpacks and and all plugs together. don't just replace 1 or 2

EugeneAUDI
09-03-2008, 12:07 PM
so i replaced all the packs and plugs, car still rumbles hard when accelerating, sounds normal during idle