PDA

View Full Version : I can haz no fat CHICKS.

bassed
08-22-2008, 04:46 PM
http://bassed.smugmug.com/photos/356983245_2SEoF-L.jpg

Das General
08-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Pics no good.

317ssayzarc
08-22-2008, 05:01 PM
nice to finally see!

sixfiveoh
08-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Status ftw! [up]

Das General
08-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Oh baller. What is the weight of one of those?

bassed
08-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Oh baller. What is the weight of one of those?

Total shipping weight for the pair was 30lbs it was the size that killed it. Each seat weighs 14.5lbs.

B6QTRO
08-22-2008, 05:20 PM
LOL! word yo

Das General
08-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Total shipping weight for the pair was 30lbs it was the size that killed it. Each seat weighs 14.5lbs.

14.5 lbs...I like. Cloth or suede?

SoFresh
08-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Im about to go up to Status Headquarters and pick up a pair.... they're located in Monroe, WA... about an hour away from me :) How do those head pieces work with blind spots?

big_greasy_taco
08-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Those are just dirty... Guess your gonna have to let the big girls ride in the back!!

bassed
08-22-2008, 06:15 PM
14.5 lbs...I like. Cloth or suede?

Cloth, I can order the Alcantara to re-wrap if I want, but will not as these will keep me snug enough. If I gain 10lbs and go up more than 2 waist sizes I won't fit anymore. I have a 31" waist and weigh 160lbs and am 5'8". No one over a 34 waist will fit in these[;)]

bassed
08-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Im about to go up to Status Headquarters and pick up a pair.... they're located in Monroe, WA... about an hour away from me :) How do those head pieces work with blind spots?

The cut outs allow you to see a bit, but I don't really feel the B5 has any blindspots with the mirrors directed properly and with the circle sticky thingy's.

bassed
08-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Those are just dirty... Guess your gonna have to let the big girls ride in the back!!

Idea is to pull the rears soon as well.[eek]

Das General
08-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Nice! Sounds like you are cutting some fat off of that badboy.

You don't want chicks with a 34" waist anyways. If you happen to land one, she is gonna have to sit in the back... Wait, no rear seats, she is SOL!

I am in the market for a fixed back seat, and I have been thinking of either Corbeau FX1 or some Status. I will need your opinion as soon as those suckers go in.

BeatjunkieXL
08-22-2008, 06:44 PM
fattys FTL!

big_greasy_taco
08-22-2008, 07:08 PM

And that sir is why they make the trunk[>_<]

D.C. Designs
08-22-2008, 07:14 PM
sick very nice

goody6691
08-22-2008, 08:10 PM
ballin...........cant wait to try to get my fat ass in these at h2o

andyrew
08-22-2008, 08:18 PM
I personally would have gotten a wide passenger one..

What kind of racing will you be doing?

mike-2ptzero
08-22-2008, 09:02 PM

Only bad thing is that the sliders and brackets will almost double that.

I hope you dont plan on driving on the street with those because you will find it very hard to see anything next to you.

GramCracker
08-22-2008, 09:06 PM

Shit, where is your GF (or a girl you pick up) going to ride then?

onemoremile
08-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Looking pretty serious.

mike-2ptzero
08-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Looking pretty serious.

Well he needed to get some weight out of the car. I put it on the scale at Waterfest and IIRC it was nearly 3500 lbs with me in it, thats nearly 3350 lbs without me and thats 500-550 lbs heavier then my A4.

andyrew
08-22-2008, 10:39 PM
3350 wet? Thats not good?

Mike have you hacked into the body at all, started drilling holes with a 1" holesaw yet? Or are you "bolt on" so far?

offroader1006
08-23-2008, 05:50 AM

Mike have you hacked into the body at all, started drilling holes with a 1" holesaw yet? Or are you "bolt on" so far?

you didnt see his FMIC pics huh?

mike has a hole saw.

xraycer2012
08-23-2008, 07:10 AM
What's the seat frame made out of? I noticed Status has three different materials they use.

bassed
08-23-2008, 07:34 AM
I personally would have gotten a wide passenger one..

What kind of racing will you be doing?

No actual racing just yet mostly HPDE, Time Trials, Hill Climbs and possibly Time Attack next year if I can.

Only bad thing is that the sliders and brackets will almost double that.

I hope you dont plan on driving on the street with those because you will find it very hard to see anything next to you.

I will on occasion be driving this on the street still.

Well he needed to get some weight out of the car. I put it on the scale at Waterfest and IIRC it was nearly 3500 lbs with me in it, thats nearly 3350 lbs without me and thats 500-550 lbs heavier then my A4.
It mostly came down to weight reduction and a seat that would just keep me completely in there. Only way to go lighter would have been Kirkey's.

Do you know just how much I can save if I grab the sunroof delete you have? I would pull the whole assembly, not just the glass. I know the car is pretty much right around or slightly above stock curb weight, due to the subs etc... I need to pull those and now that the A/C is shot I may as well pull all of it, as long as I can defrost in winter I am ok[>_<] I would like to get the car down to 3100 wet if I can.

What's the seat frame made out of? I noticed Status has three different materials they use.

Kevlar

215 Motoring
08-23-2008, 08:02 AM
watch out for the big girls[:D]

mike-2ptzero
08-23-2008, 09:08 AM

All bolt on so far. I haven't even removed the sound stuff on the floor and even still have all of the silver heat panels on the car.

Still run full dash, center console, pillars, front carpet, head liner, door panels and 100% working power windows on all 4 doors. I have to do this because I race in the "street tuner" class in BOTI and I have to have those in the car when I race. Nice thing is that BOTI allows open exhaust in that class. IDRC and NHRA sport compact street class had to be ran with full exhaust.

Do you know just how much I can save if I grab the sunroof delete you have? I would pull the whole assembly, not just the glass. I know the car is pretty much right around or slightly above stock curb weight, due to the subs etc... I need to pull those and now that the A/C is shot I may as well pull all of it, as long as I can defrost in winter I am ok[>_<] I would like to get the car down to 3100 wet if I can.

Right around 25-28 lbs. I sold one to a guy here on AZ, he said he lost around 40 lbs when he did the mod. My car was ordered without a sunroof so I am not 100% sure what the weight difference is, so what I posted up above is what MikeS posted and what my customer posted.

The CF delete itself is about 1-2 lbs.

you didnt see his FMIC pics huh?

mike has a hole saw.

Those were my 2 old bumpers (stock and 1st S4), my new S4 bumper is modified. Yes I do own plenty of hole saws but not one of them have touched anything on my car other then those 2 bumpers.

djwimbo
08-23-2008, 11:11 AM

AutoPower anybody? Roll bars look B/A, even more so if they're tied in correctly.

titaniumbullet
08-23-2008, 12:51 PM
LOVE the seats man!!!!

Why did you take them with the plastic in them?

bassed
08-23-2008, 01:00 PM
AutoPower anybody? Roll bars look B/A, even more so if they're tied in correctly.
Most likely am going to be putting one of thesehttp://www.autopowerindustries.com/Images/lg/DSC_2848.jpg in or having a local Fabricator do a a full cage.

LOVE the seats man!!!!

Why did you take them with the plastic in them?

Because it doesn't matter[;)]

B5Burn
08-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Those seats are noice!!! Why that brand specifically? (as opposed to say Sparco or Recaro or Corbeau?

B.

Eurotuned_A4
08-23-2008, 10:15 PM
seats are made by status, hence the big letters

BrokeDown[20V]
08-23-2008, 10:41 PM
^^ He knows that. He wanted to know why status over other seats.[rolleyes]

Seats are rediculously sick.[up]

bassed
08-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Those seats are noice!!! Why that brand specifically? (as opposed to say Sparco or Recaro or Corbeau?

B.

It was a toss up between Corbeau or the Ring by Status, but these came up and I could not pass on them. Status has developed quite a reputation and is very well known with Track enthusiasts and these are 5 or 6 point ready. They also weigh about the least of all seats aside from Kirkey's, which I wasn't going to do due to comfort and possible occasional DD use. I'd sat in them all, driven in them all at this point and really liked the Status as well. The other option would be the Sparco EVO or Corsa.

djwimbo
08-23-2008, 11:50 PM
They also weigh about the least of all seats aside from Kirkey's, which I wasn't going to do due to comfort and possible occasional DD use.

I'll pass on the Kirkey seats. I've never sat in one that I thought was comfortable.

I have a Corbeau A4 seat that may be going in soon. Eventually I want a matchin set, whereas right now I only have one. I don't have a roll bar yet, I'm up in the air about getting a prefabbed one or a custom one. I don't think I need to step up to the cage yet though.

The boss man picked up a set of Sparco seats for $229/ea that aren't bad. ~14lbs ea and fixed back fiberglass. Only complaint is that the bolt holes weren't square. Figured for a Sparco they'd be top notch.

Oh yea, if you want a Auto Power bar, there was a guy trying to get rid of one on the 'Tex. I don't know if he still has it or not. I was going to buy it if I had the cash the weekend of waterfest. He's in NJ, IIRC.

Eurotuned_A4
08-24-2008, 12:09 AM
;2813683']^^ He knows that. He wanted to know why status over other seats.[rolleyes]

Seats are rediculously sick.[up]

meh, apparently i cant read

GetBoosted84
08-24-2008, 05:17 PM
How are you going to mount your camera to those bad boys?

mike-2ptzero
08-24-2008, 05:57 PM
How are you going to mount your camera to those bad boys?

Cant mount a camera to race seats because they dont have a mounting spot and they tend to bounce around if no one is sitting in them. He will most likely mount a camera to the roll bar/cage if he does end up installing one.

F16HTON
08-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Pass on the Autopower bar, wil not pass any sanctioning bodies for safety. Hopefully when Mike has his cage built it will be jigged up so we can sell it as a weld together kit.

B5Burn
08-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Isn't there a bar you can get that connects to both seat belt shoulder mounting points on the b pillar (I think this is for shoulder belts with a 4/5 pt harness? I am not sure if you are allowed to mount anything to that... or if it is even a good device.

B.

team_soy
08-24-2008, 06:11 PM
awesome seats bro..cant wait to see installed pics

B5Burn
08-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Haha, awesome timing.. maybe that is what I am thinking of.

djwimbo
08-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Pass on the Autopower bar, wil not pass any sanctionaing bodies for safety. Hopefully when Mike has his cage built it will be jigged up so we can sell it as a weld together kit.

Oh really? I was not aware of this.

put me on the waiting list for a weld together kit. I'm down [evilsmile]

mike-2ptzero
08-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Isn't there a bar you can get that connects to both seat belt shoulder mounting points on the b pillar (I think this is for shoulder belts with a 4/5 pt harness? I am not sure if you are allowed to mount anything to that... or if it is even a good device.

B.

Have you even looked at the stock shoulder seat belt in your car? The stock belt goes into the cover so there isn't a bolt there at all to put anything on.

I think you have been looking at too many EVO sites.[:p]

BTW you might be thinking of a harness bar that mounts behind the tops of the rear seats.

B5Burn
08-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Haha, sheeesh!! It was a Porsche actually [:D]

Harness Bar, that's what I was thinking of, you're right.

A4Rob
08-24-2008, 10:04 PM

YES.

Pass on the Autopower bar, wil not pass any sanctioning bodies for safety. Hopefully when Mike has his cage built it will be jigged up so we can sell it as a weld together kit.

For Drag racing it won't. AutoPower specifically says it will not

"Are your roll bars or cages NHRA legal?

No. There are many reasons why our roll bars and cages are not NHRA legal. A few are: type of tubing, size of tubing, telescopic rear braces, and size of foot pads. There are probably more reasons. If your car needs to have an NHRA legal roll bar or cage, we cannot supply you. Many import drag racing organizations will accept the Autopower roll bar or cage. Almost all organizations will allow you to have the roll bar or cage installed if your car class does not require you to have one. Please check your rule book."

"Are your roll bars and cages legal for racing?

Most of our roll bars and cages meet the SCCA, NASA and IMSA rules. Many road race sanctioning bodies follow the SCCA rules or they are not as strict. Please consult your rule book. Legality will depend not only on the design of the roll bar or cage, but also on the type of tubing used. Legality will also depend upon your class!"

mike-2ptzero
08-24-2008, 11:07 PM
YES.

For Drag racing it won't. AutoPower specifically says it will not

"Are your roll bars or cages NHRA legal?

No. There are many reasons why our roll bars and cages are not NHRA legal. A few are: type of tubing, size of tubing, telescopic rear braces, and size of foot pads. There are probably more reasons. If your car needs to have an NHRA legal roll bar or cage, we cannot supply you. Many import drag racing organizations will accept the Autopower roll bar or cage. Almost all organizations will allow you to have the roll bar or cage installed if your car class does not require you to have one. Please check your rule book."

"Are your roll bars and cages legal for racing?

Most of our roll bars and cages meet the SCCA, NASA and IMSA rules. Many road race sanctioning bodies follow the SCCA rules or they are not as strict. Please consult your rule book. Legality will depend not only on the design of the roll bar or cage, but also on the type of tubing used. Legality will also depend upon your class!"

Yes but do you want to put your life on the line using a roll bar/cage that just meets some low standard specs for those rules or would you rather have a cage that has been done to excede those specs? Because what I see on Autopowers site seems to be much weaker then any cage I have seen done in any race car that is setup for SCCA/nasa/imsa.

Do you think your going to see 034 throwing in a Autopower roll cage for one of their cars that are setup for road racing? I dont think so, because they want to know for sure they will live if the car does happen to roll over.

http://www.034motorsport.com/features/a4vr6T/big/02.jpg

AudiA4_20T
08-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Ian when we finally ever meet, I cant wait to see how these look ha

A4Rob
08-25-2008, 01:19 AM
http://www.034motorsport.com/features/a4vr6T/big/02.jpg

I completely understand what a full roll cage consists of. I Co-drove a F class 968 with a 6pt cage for a few years. Most of us daily driven A4's want a simple bolt in solution that adds more safety than nothing. I agree with you for a full race car. I would not want a 4pt bolt in cage!

djwimbo
08-25-2008, 04:35 PM
FWIW Autopower doesn't make a "Cage" for A4's, they make a roll bar. At least last I knew.

And yes, I want more than a roll bar. AutoPower's rollbar looks like a fancy harness bar to me. If it's not welded in and braced, it's not that functional.
When it comes time, I want a cage that's manageable for street usage, but functional so I don't have to worry about anything on the track or gettin T-boned by a semi.

As far as classification goes, it's not what I'm there for. I just want to be able to beat the piss out of my car on track days and test n' tunes w/ some serious rigidity to back me up.

mike-2ptzero
08-25-2008, 07:21 PM
FWIW Autopower doesn't make a "Cage" for A4's, they make a roll bar. At least last I knew.

And yes, I want more than a roll bar. AutoPower's rollbar looks like a fancy harness bar to me. If it's not welded in and braced, it's not that functional.
When it comes time, I want a cage that's manageable for street usage, but functional so I don't have to worry about anything on the track or gettin T-boned by a semi.

As far as classification goes, it's not what I'm there for. I just want to be able to beat the piss out of my car on track days and test n' tunes w/ some serious rigidity to back me up.

Well you could always get someone to build you a cage that is setup to allow you to remove some of the rear bars while on the street. You can also do the door bars up front so they can swing out or removed by having pins in them.

A4Rob
08-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Well you could always get someone to build you a cage that is setup to allow you to remove some of the rear bars while on the street. You can also do the door bars up front so they can swing out or removed by having pins in them.

Having a cage with the pins is very convenient. I plan to weld my AP bar in place and also make the front half for added rigidity. [up] I will probably do the removable door bars for track days. (roadcorce )

djwimbo
08-25-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm not worried about a back seat, that would be removed regardless when installing an actual cage or roll bar.

Good idea though on the removable door bars. It's a bastard gettin into my boss' Corrado w/ the door bar @ just below Nip-height while sitting.

I'd like to be able to maintain most of my OE dash pad. The center console and such can be modified, altered or what ever. I kinda like my stock gauges.
I'm not planning on goin ballz out like the Time Attack car, but a 10-12pt properly tied in is the idea.

mike-2ptzero
08-25-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm not worried about a back seat, that would be removed regardless when installing an actual cage or roll bar.

Good idea though on the removable door bars. It's a bastard gettin into my boss' Corrado w/ the door bar @ just below Nip-height while sitting.

I'd like to be able to maintain most of my OE dash pad. The center console and such can be modified, altered or what ever. I kinda like my stock gauges.
I'm not planning on goin ballz out like the Time Attack car, but a 10-12pt properly tied in is the idea.

Dont have to lose any of the dash, you should be able to put the front A-pillar bars right thru the small vents on the top of the dash. This is how I am having my cage done, just waiting to drop the car off at the shop.

djwimbo
08-25-2008, 08:05 PM
show me when you're done. I am very interested.