PDA

View Full Version : Boost problem

Audi_Sniper
10-01-2004, 05:27 PM
Okay here is the deal. All summer I was driving around with a ripped hose. I replaced that about two weeks ago along with another vac hose. I went from spiking at 16 and holding at 15. Back to normal spiking at 21 and holding at 18.
Well now I,m spiking at about 18 and holding at 15. I don't get this. I looked all over for another bad hose and I cant find a thing.Another thing is I think my vac is high. At idle it's at 23" and when I'm on the highway and let off the gas I'm at 29"

I have a APR chip, N75J and a Forge DV. So something does not seem right. Apr chip should put me at about 15 pounds of boost, the J valve should give me a little bit more like where I use to be 21 at spike hold at 18. And the DV can't be bad it's not stock...

Anyone have a clue?

JMG
10-01-2004, 05:28 PM
long shot: your gauge is off. Does it rest at zero when the engine is off?

Audi_Sniper
10-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by JMG
long shot: your gauge is off. Does it rest at zero when the engine is off?

From the day I got it's been off by 1. But I just think thats not it. When the car is off it sits at 1" and still does to this day.

Does my vac seem right to you????

alen
10-01-2004, 05:38 PM
hmm i don't know what could the problem be. have you checked if maybe the line coming out of your gauge is loose?

i also had a gauge problem yesterday but it stopped today. two nights ago i put in the stock paper air filter and cleaned the throttle body. the morning after i took the car to school and the gauge would make this clicking sound between 5-10 psi. whenever i cross this region i would hear this clicking sound. to make things more weird, it disappeared today. anybody know what that is? loose hose?

Burntaudi
10-01-2004, 05:50 PM
What kind of outside temps are you seeing now that your boosting lower? FYI your car will not boost as high when it gets colder the ECU pulls back boost in colder temps.

Audi_Sniper
10-01-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Burntaudi
What kind of outside temps are you seeing now that your boosting lower? FYI your car will not boost as high when it gets colder the ECU pulls back boost in colder temps.

Yeah I know that. Last winter I was getting 20 at spike and holding 16-17.
I just dont get this. What are you guys getting at idle? I think 23" is way high

alen
10-01-2004, 06:08 PM
dang i think my 25 is too high then? possible problem? MAF??

Audi_Sniper
10-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by alen
dang i think my 25 is too high then? possible problem? MAF??

So it could be my MAF?[mad] But I think I would have a CEL if that was the case...

What are you guys getting at idle?

BajanAudi
10-04-2004, 05:25 AM
25 is high, get 20 idle. thats the norm.

QuattroCoryG
10-04-2004, 07:15 AM
ya, i normally idle around 20-22..

nizmosx
10-04-2004, 09:16 AM
do you still have your stock n75 valve. also what kind of bypass valve are you running. check those two parts out. thats what i would do. also another option would be to vacum test your car.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/pdf/27t_pressure_tester.pdf

click that link and go to home depot and build this unit, you will have to build it using 2 inch parts for everything that says use three inch parts since we have the 1.8t and not the 2.7t motor, then hook that up to a compressor and set to 10 pounds of pressure and listen for leaks it sounds like your problem is similar to whats wrong with me and i have come to the conclusion its either my n75 valve going out, my custom bypass valve im running or a vavum leak, as my last option im going to check my wastegate however my problem is a little different from yours.

Brrman
10-04-2004, 09:26 AM
when was the last time you replaced your DV?