PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about getting new oil plug washers

generik777
08-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Well, I have the magnetic drain plug from ECS. I plan on changing my oil this thursday and was wondering if I would be able to buy a new washer for the plug at my local auto store. If so will I need to give them the size or anything, and what is the size I need? Thanx. I'm also gonna order a new plug and 10 pack of washers from ECS but they won't be here in time.

Seerlah
08-05-2008, 03:03 PM
You can get them at the dealership. I got one from there a couple weeks ago when I did my change. Funny thing though, it looked as if the washer on my current drain plug is permanant or something. It would not budge for nothing from the end of the plug (other than being loose but will not go past one thread), where it should be. I just put the plug back the way it was and have the extra washer.

But yeah, just get it at the dealership. The guy actually just gave it to me for free.

T3hD0gg
08-05-2008, 03:36 PM
You can get them at the dealership. I got one from there a couple weeks ago when I did my change. Funny thing though, it looked as if the washer on my current drain plug is permanant or something. It would not budge for nothing from the end of the plug (other than being loose but will not go past one thread), where it should be. I just put the plug back the way it was and have the extra washer.

But yeah, just get it at the dealership. The guy actually just gave it to me for free.

Yea, they tend to shrink when used. Just cut it off with some wire cutters and put the new one on. [up]

generik777
08-05-2008, 03:52 PM
The nearest dealership is 2 hours away so I can't do that. Hopefully O'reilly has one. Otherwise I'll just re-use my old one.