PDA

View Full Version : VAGCOM for the iPhone?

sixfiveoh
07-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Anyone hear of anything in development or anything? I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I came across a thread on Vortex talking about it but nothing further. Anyone?

kevin12
07-29-2008, 12:18 PM
I would buy that shit in a heartbeat. But I wish they would because I have an iPhone and a new MacBook Pro and OSX isn't supported at all. Only shitty windows FTL [down] ha

sixfiveoh
07-29-2008, 12:24 PM
It'd be great to not have to lug my 17" widescreen laptop out everytime I want to run diagnostics...

blmlozz
07-29-2008, 12:25 PM
sounds cool, which thread? do you remember? wouldn't even need special adaptpes just a male to male connector for the obd II USB connector and the iPhones USB power cable that comes with it.

Nebone
07-29-2008, 12:28 PM
OBD-2 port Relocation would be ideal too. MK3 cars have the best spot, right under the Radio.

They have VAG for Palm I think.

sixfiveoh
07-29-2008, 12:34 PM
sounds cool, which thread? do you remember? wouldn't even need special adaptpes just a male to male connector for the obd II USB connector and the iPhones USB power cable that comes with it.

Here's the thread:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3752058

And don't you mean female to female?

There's no word on anything in the works, but I was wondering if anyone heard anything differently.

And yeah, I've seen it for palm, but I couldn't bring myself to buy a palm JUST for VAGCOM.

TMorris
07-29-2008, 12:38 PM
not vagcom but still something you elite mac users may like[>_<]

dynolicious app
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226721

sixfiveoh
07-29-2008, 12:51 PM
Just saw that posted over on honda-tech which is what made me post this here. Thinking about buying it.

k0mpresd
07-29-2008, 01:07 PM
you should be posting this somewhere other than here. maybe a developer would be nice to you. haha.

have you used winpwn for 2.0 yet? theres hardly any apps. :(

and you could always just score an old, smaller, cheap laptop off craigslist. i got an old skool p3 600mhz dell for $85 with a wireless card already stuck in the pci slot.

oh, and you can run xp on top of os x. thats what i did when i had a macbook. for the 2 months or whatever it was i owned. what a disaster of a computer.

firstars
07-29-2008, 01:31 PM
i bought dynolicious... crashes when adding vehicle but the company does claim very accurate logs

t1demont1
07-29-2008, 02:20 PM
i think hpa might be developing VAD for the iphone, thats theyre mobile software that runs on palm. But i could be wrong.

ILoveT
07-29-2008, 02:47 PM
I do the same damn thing. I have to lug my damn computer all the way to my garage and run an extension cord and ethernet cable all over the damn house.

MikeWasHere05
07-29-2008, 02:52 PM
I'll be going to school for CE in the Fall and one of the projects that I wanted to do if I have enough free time is a diagnostics application for the iPhone. It wouldn't be nearly as advanced as VAG-COM initially, and I think I might design it not VAG-specific (all cars use a required protocol; however manufacturers may customize it with special packets and such).

But don't expect anything soon [:p]

coleA4
07-29-2008, 05:22 PM
I have VAG on my treo. You can get it at pocketlogger.

seank
07-29-2008, 05:39 PM
I would buy that shit in a heartbeat. But I wish they would because I have an iPhone and a new MacBook Pro and OSX isn't supported at all. Only shitty windows FTL [down] ha

You know you can run BootCamp or similar programs that let you load Windows as well as Window's apps right?

bassed
07-29-2008, 06:37 PM
i think hpa might be developing VAD for the iphone, thats theyre mobile software that runs on palm. But i could be wrong.
Pretty sure I heard this is in the works as well.

Wilco
07-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Hmmmm, I've been thinking about writing an app like this. I've got a developer license for the iPhone and I've been dying for some sort of OBD-II access.

The only problem is I'm not too familiar with the whole OBD-II interface (or the VAG specific stuff). I'll do some digging and post up if any of this amounts to something. In the meantime, if anyone is more familiar with the VAG-COM and OBD-II side of things, PM me!

MikeWasHere05
07-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Hmmmm, I've been thinking about writing an app like this. I've got a developer license for the iPhone and I've been dying for some sort of OBD-II access.

The only problem is I'm not too familiar with the whole OBD-II interface (or the VAG specific stuff). I'll do some digging and post up if any of this amounts to something. In the meantime, if anyone is more familiar with the VAG-COM and OBD-II side of things, PM me!

I've looked into this briefly, heres a really helpful site: http://www.obdii.com/

B5Burn
07-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Pretty sure I heard this is in the works as well.

OOOooooOOOOOHHHH! [insert crossed fingers Smilie here)

I put Dynolicious on my iPhone, haven't run the A4 with it yet... and I don't have an actual rigid base in the GLI either... but it's very neat.

speedydragon
07-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Adam@spp was selling mini handhelds with Vagcom.

blmlozz
07-30-2008, 06:57 PM
i bought dynolicious... crashes when adding vehicle but the company does claim very accurate logs

I just bought that for mine, the first run was acutaly pretty accurate(after that I had trouble with it because of the terrain I was on), the HP was almost exactly where my car was on the AWD dyno I went to.

I got 170 w/o my FMIC on the AWD dyno and 177 with my FMIC on my chiped k03 with the dynolicious, so you figure mabye a few HP off, but otherwise pretty accurate for what it is..

it's a neat app, the only weakness is that it needs to be still, which is hard to do with a SB stage 5 clutch sitting it in the cupholder..

defentaly worth the $13 though.

the company claims 0-60 accuracy within 0.08secounds and distance (0-60' 1/4mile stuff like that) accuracy within 0.10 secounds.

pretty good imo.