View Full Version : Name This Part! Does it See Boost?

07-23-2008, 07:43 PM

As you may notice there is a big crack near one of the ends. What i was wondering is, does this hose see boost pressure? AKA a source for a boost leak? It looks like it connects between the EGR valve and the Pancake valve. Looks like damaged hose number 1,001 lol Thanks!

Is there any special name for this part, or should i just go by the number written on the side?

07-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Just go get a replacement hose.

... we get EGR valves?
The pancake valve should be the hard pipe closer the the coils than the one you circled.

07-23-2008, 08:13 PM
That goes to your secondary smog pump.

07-23-2008, 08:14 PM
eventualy every hose or rubber component is going to fail, just replace it, there's nothing special about it should the dealer want $20 for it and if you can find rubber 90degree elbows like that. in a F/I car every component is subjected to lots of boost/ vacuum pressure if it runs off the block or inlet pipe in some way.

07-23-2008, 10:41 PM
thanks for the clarification, its appreciated!

07-24-2008, 07:15 AM
Hey slideways, where in WA you located? I may be able to get you a deal on parts...