PDA

View Full Version : w/m installation

Leifer
07-22-2008, 03:50 PM
So I got my kit back in April, and I'm just getting around to installing it now (gee, that time lag between getting and doing reminds me of our government!), but I have a question. Where's the IAT sensor at? I want the w/m to inject before that, since my ECU will recognize colder temperatures and adjust the fuel ratio accordingly. That = more power. Am I right in assuming this? All help is appreciated, thanks! :)

Poopie
07-22-2008, 04:12 PM
right after the throttle body. Install the nozzle before the throttle body or the easiest is to get the throttle body spacer that USRT sells that has a hole pre-tapped for the nozzle. It installed before the intake manifold for the IAT sensor is and the throttle body. You will need the upgraded anti siphoning solenoid to go between the pump and nozzle as well.

djwimbo
07-22-2008, 05:08 PM
What he said.

IIRC as long as you're not over 20psi or running a BT 2.0L all you should need is a 60cc W/M inj.

Leifer
07-24-2008, 10:37 AM
60cc of flow? I got 1/3 sized nozzles, for 280cc flow/min. Isn't the flow rate supposed to match your injector size?

As soon as I posted I ran outside and remembered the IAT sensor was just past the TB, thanks for the help on that [up]. But yeah, I don't want to waste time with a spacer, I guess I'll ask them to tap it right into the TB hose that connects to the intercooler... or maybe they can drill a hole right into my intercooler piping, it's not much further down?

bassed
07-24-2008, 12:56 PM
As long as it's post core and not pre core that's not a problem. You have no need foe the 275ml nozzle. I run 630cc injectors, a 2.0L and 4bar a dual nozzle setup and only run the 375ml and 60ml at the TB. The nozzle is based on injector size and fuel pressure, call Scott at USRT an he will run the calc for you.