PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy transmission?

Avantmaniac
07-19-2008, 04:52 PM
I just have bad news from Audi that I have to replace the transmission soon [=(]. Btw my model is 2.8 V6 avant non quattro. Any good place that I can buy a rebuilt kit? or even new? Audi quoted me $4500 with labor and I know that they will be my last source [rolleyes]. I'm in Houston, TX so if any local Houstonian has any recommendation that would be much appreciated! thanks guys and have a good weekend!!!.

iKe

biketsai
07-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Why not just swap one out from a junk yard?

Avantmaniac
07-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Why not just swap one out from a junk yard?

I'm pretty new to Houston or Texas so need more specific information on where's the closest from my area. I don't mid drive to Dallas or Austin, San Antonio if they do have one.

biketsai
07-19-2008, 05:54 PM
I know here in the dallas area there is this one junkyard. Try joining www.texasaudigroup.com and ask on there, there should be a couple local houston guys on there

Naudi_Mat
07-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Check out www.phoenixhardparts.com I'm gonna get my next Tiptronic Tranny from them if mine goes out any time soon. I got quoted on having a new tranny shipped and installed in my car for $3400, compared to just a new tranny from the dealer which was $4500. (Not including install, or fluids etc....)