PDA

View Full Version : Tail Light Mod Gone Wrong

shakerjaker08
07-18-2008, 10:53 PM
i recently modded my new tail lights so that when i press the brake the fog lights come on as well. Great idea but one problem... getting the car out of park! [headbang] using a short jumper wire i connected the brake light and fog light circuts but when i press the brake to get the car out of park it does not register that the break is even being pressed the only way to get it out of park is to turn on the fog lights then press the brake, then i am able to move the shifter then a brake light err comes up on my dash any ways around this??? or any other ways to do it? i am curious if anyone else has had this problem

sixfiveoh
07-18-2008, 11:40 PM
LOL.

Sorry.

hawaii
07-18-2008, 11:52 PM
I didn't do this mod. I personally think that the circuit is incomplete without switching on the tail fog lights....

Seerlah
07-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Check the link (http://www.audiforums.com/m_352232/tm.htm). Is that what you are referring to (trying to do)?

shakerjaker08
07-19-2008, 11:02 AM
yeah that is the exact same thing i did to mine

B5A4Kevin
07-19-2008, 01:50 PM
well your first mistake was buying an automatic :P

id say recheck all your solders and make sure the connecting wires arent grounding to another circuit. if that doesnt get you anywhere, try reverting back to stock (cut the wires) and see if it still does it. all else fails you can start messing with the brake light switch wiring under the dash. hope this helps.

GetAwayFromMe
07-19-2008, 10:18 PM
You have your fog light still hooked up? Discconect the fog light power and the ground and hook the wires up and than try. I personaly didnt do this mod but i'm sure that you cant have power comming from both ends. Be careful because this can cause some wires to melt and than you are in trouble.

oneighty
07-20-2008, 05:35 PM
did you use a diode? or just the wire? i used a diode and i can still use my rear fogs as well, i dont have an auto, but using a diode is the correct way to do this mod