PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get Halogen Ecodes these days?

salz2135
07-18-2008, 07:48 PM
I got into an accident a few weeks back and the shop will need to replace my right halogen ecode housing.

Do any shops stock these any more?

I also need the part number for the housing.

Thanks.

speedydragon
07-19-2008, 02:12 AM
Valeos are near impossible to find. DEPO halogens are getting pretty rare too. I've heard from JB@PerfCafe that they have HELLA inpro ecodes in stock. not sure how they look though. He told me that the quality were better than DEPOs.

Seerlah
07-19-2008, 07:01 AM
Yeah man, they are incredibly hard to come by. You can maybe place an pre-order with LLtek, but they are always on back order. I tried to get a pair from them for months. Everytime I called, they were out. Then I got really lucky and won a pair on ebay for $257.50 shipped [up].

My best advice is to take the route I did and be patient. Constantly search the classified on here, fourtitude, and ebay. Try craiglist too. Someone on there has to be selling thiers.

This one (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220593&highlight=valeo+ecode) just sold a couple weeks ago.

Silverstreak98
07-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Aww yep that was mine that sold......would have been happy to help you out if I still had it.

The ecodes are no longer being manufactured to once the ones that are out their sell you will only be able to get them used.

JumboBlack1.8
07-19-2008, 11:27 AM
I just bought a pair on ebay for $120 shipped.....I was REAL lucky cuz the seller labeled them wrong, so they got basically zero exposure. Snuck away with the only bid and won!....But anyway, there is a guy selling halogen Valeo ecodes over on VWvortex for around $200 or $250 shipped. See if you can bid him down. Or, if u've got time, u could wait around for a set on Ebay.....Either way, good luck!

sixfiveoh
07-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Wow are they really that hard to come by these days? When did that happen?

salz2135
07-19-2008, 07:41 PM
wow. I didn't know any of this. so, are we just talking about halogen ecode supply being way down? or, does this also apply to the s4 xenon ecode housings?

Silverstreak98
07-19-2008, 09:17 PM
I believe that all B5 Ecodes are no longer being manufactured so that would include the S4 Xenon housings.

kevin12
07-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Valeos are near impossible to find. DEPO halogens are getting pretty rare too. I've heard from JB@PerfCafe that they have HELLA inpro ecodes in stock. not sure how they look though. He told me that the quality were better than DEPOs.

Like he said http://www.performance-cafe.com/product_info.php?cPath=264_302&products_id=1746

Basically the same damn thing. Brand new.

salz2135
07-20-2008, 11:42 PM
sorry, but I don't buy the argument that the valeos and other brands "are the same damn thing" just because the housing looks similar in a website photo. the accident damaged a single housing and I'm not looking to install something different on just one side of the vehicle. the projector is likely different, and the beam patterns will not match.