PDA

View Full Version : Where to get mesh?

Seerlah
07-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Correction, where to get "good quality mesh that matches the OEM RS4 grill at a decent price"? And I don't discriminate against ebay, so send a link if you got it. What I want to do is take out the lower grills, dremel off the plastic fins, and replace them with mesh to match the RS4 grill. I was thinking using (black) hot glue to make the mesh hold in place. Anyways, where to get them at a decent price? Thanks!

Squarrl
07-15-2008, 06:34 PM
I have been looking at RS4 mesh that isn't metal for a while. Think the "rally" focus last generation had mesh at the bottom that could be used as RS4.

audiluxary
07-16-2008, 12:04 AM
I did a post on this and someone gave me a sight to ebay UK where they sell sheets of it, I'll look or you can look for my thread.

TQMB5
07-16-2008, 12:37 AM
search for rs4 mesh under onemoremiles username, it will give you the part number for mcmaster carr

Seerlah
07-16-2008, 07:11 AM
Yeah, I found mesh at places (not places, ebay) and I seem to only be able to find the ones in aluminum and not the ABS plastic. But after some searching I found a person selling some and will just go with that. Thanks though, peoples!

ct1.8t4me
07-16-2008, 07:13 AM
Was it on Ebay? Some other people might be interested in the seller.

fikes
07-16-2008, 07:15 AM
onemoremile has the answer to this question. He has a post awhile back where he measured it out and ordered it from some site. pm him.

Seerlah
07-16-2008, 07:27 AM
This is the link for the DIY by Onemoremile. (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150806) I am actually getting LLtek ones. That is what the seller has for auction. But from what I understand, you can get it from LLtek, but under the A6 section. While the A4 has aluminum ones.

Here is the link. (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150806) But someone should call them to confirm that it is ABS plastic. [edit] Just called them myself and they say they sell ABS plastic mesh starting at $66. He said what they do is take what you are looking for and sells you how much you would need. So, if you are only looking to do the front mesh bumpers, I would say it will cost $66 plus shipping.