PDA

View Full Version : How to jack this car up? Lift points?

Lugi20
07-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Like the title says: How the hell do I get the front end of this car on jack stands? I have a hydraulic floor jack and two jack stands, but I can't find a good way to get the front of the car in the air to put stands under it!
What lift point do you guys use?

I have a 99' 2.8 and I was hoping that some of you had advice and maybe even pictures that could help me get under my car safely!

kextyn
07-07-2008, 07:40 AM
There's another recent thread here about lift points. I think some people use one of the mounting points for the subframe.

I just use a floor jack on the side, usually with a block of wood. I have to put it in just right if I want to fit a stand in there though. I put the jack as far to the rear on the front mounting point and just have enough room to fit the stand and take the jack out.

mike-2ptzero
07-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Yeah I use the subframe mounting spots with my aluminum racing floor jack and then put the jack stand in the stock jack spot(pinch rail).

Lugi20
07-07-2008, 08:33 AM
I don't suppose any of you have a pic of the underbody so you can show a noob exactly where this point is? I'm afraid of damaging the car, but a lot more afraid of it coming down when its not supposed to.