PDA

View Full Version : I want Stage 1 Plus

Richard
06-27-2008, 10:12 PM
OK. I have researched, searched, asked, called, and inquired to all that I know but I cannot get a strait answer to why a Stage 1 plus program is not available for the B5 1.8t. The potential is there and I would love to tap into it for sure. I know I would be using extra fuel but dang it would be nice for those numbers B6 owners are getting in my B5....I dont know. Am I missing something here? Can someone tell me why B5's just arent as supported?

gotaudi
06-27-2008, 10:19 PM
our cars do not run out of fuel like the B6 (they have a returnless fuel system) so if you ran larger injectors on your car the injectors would just run at a lower duty cycle. it would yield no gains

djwimbo
06-27-2008, 10:26 PM
I have stage 1+, don't tell my it's not an option.
Unitronic Stage 1 = 14.7psi on 91 octane. Claimed 195CHP
Uni Stage 1+ = ~18psi on 93 octane. Claimed 201CHP

At least that's what I'm told. MY boost gauge is inop so I don't actually know what boost I'm pushing.

I have been 100% satisfied with my software so far, and I'd recommend it to anybody looking for a performance gain w/ no dirty work involved.

EDIT: IIRC you can also use the J31, Hammer, and a couple other files. I don't know what years they're specifically for, so don't quote me on that one.

gotaudi
06-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Did you upgrade your injectors? I think that is why the B6 gets the extra HP and it is accompanied by more boost. Now unitronic probably says for stage 1+ is for an exhaust and/or FMIC. If you upgraded the injectors I would be surprised...

kevin12
06-28-2008, 06:55 AM
No for unitronic the only difference between 1 and 1+ is that one is ran on 91 at lower boost and 1+ is ran on 93 with slightly higher boost just like djwimbo said. They don't consider an exhaust/FMIC part of that and no you do not upgrade your injectors with the software.

Richard
06-28-2008, 01:15 PM
This is more of a rant posting, but thanks for the info on the injectors. I didnt know the specific differences in our injectors

Seerlah
06-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Stage 1 is just a flash/chip. Stage 1+ is flash/chip and cat back exhaust. That is how APR defines the stage 1 and 1+. Stages are always defined and seen different by tuner and user.

MikeWasHere05
06-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Stage 1 is just a flash/chip. Stage 1+ is flash/chip and cat back exhaust. That is how APR defines the stage 1 and 1+. Stages are always defined and seen different by tuner and user.

[up]

Stages are for Honda boys to brag about their Stage 7 Si. Real men talk power numbers, quantifiable information.

kevin12
06-28-2008, 07:34 PM
[up]

Stages are for Honda boys to brag about their Stage 7 Si. Real men talk power numbers, quantifiable information.

Haha agreed. Couldn't have put it better myself.

djwimbo
06-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Did you upgrade your injectors? I think that is why the B6 gets the extra HP and it is accompanied by more boost. Now unitronic probably says for stage 1+ is for an exhaust and/or FMIC. If you upgraded the injectors I would be surprised...

According to Unitronic (or rather the place I got it flashed at) the stage 1+ is designed for vehicles with intake and exhaust upgrades only.
Stage 2 is designed for the larger (VR) MAF and 310cc injectors, assuming a HFC or testpipe. The Stg2 also comes with the rear 02 delete as well. IIRC the Stg 2 doesn't care about W/M inj, and is tuned @ 20+ psi. It also is set for 93 octane.
Since I'm already Stg 1+ I can upgrade to the Stg 2 software for like $50, so it's worth it I guess.

I plan on going to a stage 2 as soon as my FMIC is finished and I can pick up a set of 310's. This would pretty much just make me happy until I can afford the 28RS install.

EDIT: I ran my car for approx. a week with stock intake and stock exhaust. I definitely noticed a difference in performance. Upon adding the testpipe, down pipe and gutting the stock air box, I noticed a considerable gain as well. I rolled on an open downpipe for 3 days before I had time to finish that project. The complete exhaust seemed to me, to add more torque midrange, instead of a 4500-5500 powerband.
Upon the exhaust and intake mod my clutch told me to fuck off and would slip anywhere past 5psi. It drove like a CVT and would slip until 4500rpm, then catch. It sucked.

Clutch slippage and my recirc line getting f-ed up in my A/C belt made the car run like hell. It was a bad week.

Richard
06-28-2008, 11:15 PM
I HIGHLY recommend the AWE Stage 2 lightweight flywheel and clutch kit...I have it in my car and love it still

mike-2ptzero
06-29-2008, 08:15 AM
If your in CA get the GIAC Xchip, you will not need injectors and will get 215chp. It is designed for the 91 octane and will even give you added power if you increase the octane up to 95 at any point. The Xchip runs 18psi in 1-2 gear and 20-21psi in 3rd-5th gear.