PDA

View Full Version : For all who are considering VVME HID kits

gibson96
06-25-2008, 06:26 AM
I know we've all heard the stories of people getting messed up ballasts with their HID kits ordered from VVME, or getting the wrong bulbs (my situation). It happens, I'm not mad at them for that. but the customer service is like non-existent
But I found a seller located in the US selling the exact same kits and bulbs for a similar price (a little less) with the same warantee.

Not only that but he actually responds to emails and will answer the phone if you call. So if you were thinking about going VVME, and dealing with that horrible customer service, you should consider http://stores.ebay.com/silviaman61336 this guy for the same kit less and faster

PS the shipping is expedited and REALLY fast

not to like kiss this guys ass or anything, I've just been trying to deal with VVME's bullshit for a while and thought you guys should know about a much better alternative

fenderstrat1184
06-25-2008, 08:28 AM
i ordered my vvme hid conversion kit like 3 weeks ago, and i've had it installed in my car for about 2 1/2 weeks. no problems, no hassles, shipped straight from china.

i don't know what everyone keeps on complaining about, for the price their product is spot on [up]

gibson96
06-25-2008, 09:03 AM
i ordered my vvme hid conversion kit like 3 weeks ago, and i've had it installed in my car for about 2 1/2 weeks. no problems, no hassles, shipped straight from china.

i don't know what everyone keeps on complaining about, for the price their product is spot on [up]

Well their products are the same ones for sale by this guy, and the quality is good.
But if your kit happens to be messed up (it happens) you may never be able to get in touch with them to figure it out

Devious27t
06-25-2008, 11:08 AM
I bought 3 kits from autobahn exotics and paid a bit more but the support was there and its worth it to me. I even got a lifetime warranty [:)]

bradisonn
06-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Well their products are the same ones for sale by this guy, and the quality is good.
But if your kit happens to be messed up (it happens) you may never be able to get in touch with them to figure it out

Sry if this is a noob question, but which kit do i get for my 01 Audi A4? Are they all the same? Is it just a matter of the bulb?

nizmosx
06-26-2008, 10:06 AM
I bought 3 kits from autobahn exotics and paid a bit more but the support was there and its worth it to me. I even got a lifetime warranty [:)]

2nd my kits work amazingly.

gibson96
06-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Sry if this is a noob question, but which kit do i get for my 01 Audi A4? Are they all the same? Is it just a matter of the bulb?

you just need to get a kit for H7 bulbs in whatever temperature you want (4300K, 6000K, 8000K etc)

00SantorinS4
06-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Just Installed my 8000k VVME's and at the same time I did the clear corner mod. Looks amazing and I'm totally happy with the product. So if a bulb dies you just order another set from VVME or from Silviaman61336? Bulbs only? I just paid only 68 shipped for my whole HID kit so how cheap can the bulbs be?

fenderstrat1184
06-26-2008, 11:22 AM
if the bulbs die, just buy some Phillips bulbs... much better quality and you wont have to wait for shipping

pac1085
06-26-2008, 11:31 AM
too bad he won't be on ebay long seeing as how he charges a dollar for the product and 50 for shipping (they don't like that...fee circumvention)

bradisonn
06-26-2008, 11:32 AM
how hard is it to fit the kit. I heard it takes some patience when fitting the box in the hood. also do you just tape it or do you bolt the kit on? again sry if they are noob questions. this sounds really tight though!

gibson96
06-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Just Installed my 8000k VVME's and at the same time I did the clear corner mod. Looks amazing and I'm totally happy with the product. So if a bulb dies you just order another set from VVME or from Silviaman61336? Bulbs only? I just paid only 68 shipped for my whole HID kit so how cheap can the bulbs be?

replacement bulbs from VVME are 10 plus 30 shipping, total $40.

i bought mine from this ebay seller for 23 shipped, shipped in 2 days

gibson96
06-26-2008, 12:22 PM
how hard is it to fit the kit. I heard it takes some patience when fitting the box in the hood. also do you just tape it or do you bolt the kit on? again sry if they are noob questions. this sounds really tight though!

I put mine in the stock location under the headlight housing, total for everything with removing and reinstalling the lights took about 30 minutes or less.. i found two good DIYs with pics and just follwed them step by step. very easy for anyone with any sort of mechanical inclination (plug and play)
and i used industrial strength velcro to secure the ballast under the headlight housing

bradisonn
06-26-2008, 01:02 PM
that sounds good. i didnt even think of velcro, that sounds a lot more secure than industrial strength tape...

a88fl1
06-26-2008, 02:17 PM
I just got mine from VVME, fyi they have 5000k bulbs if you ask, shipped in like 3 days. However now for some reason they openned a "non-paying buyer" claim on ebay and havent responded to anything. I kinda wish I would have spent a little more and bought from a place that has they're act together. -1 for VVME

auto_euroticaA4
06-26-2008, 03:02 PM
ive had my vvme kit for 4 months, just recently had an issue. one of the spade terminals was burnt so i cut it and put a new one, light is still out. comes on for a split second then out. never had a problem until now, planning on blaming the guys that did my timing belt [:D]

GetBoosted84
06-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks for posting up that guys user name on ebay. I was going to PM you after reading your thread on the issues you had with vvme but I didn't get a chance yet.

devilcrazy
10-18-2010, 01:21 AM

i also order my 2 sets of VVME HID kits http://www.vvme.com for my audi a4 and my wife's last years.. 20 minutes to install and still work well now.... you cant beat the prices at their such low prices....

People tend to complain more on VVME HID ballast fail than OEM ballast fail, just because they were made in China and it's cheap but they don't realize user/poor installation (some not professional stupid guys made mistake for installation ) could cause the failure, which would occur a lot more on these China kit because in fact they are aftermarket products.

discontained
10-18-2010, 03:54 AM
if your ballats go out and you bulbs fail like mine did make a smart move and go with a DDM Tuning HID kit / 35watt kit $35 bucks, 55watt (what i have) is only $45 bucks. Wayyyyy better and I have had mine for well over a year and 1/2 no problems what so ever! The slim ballasts are amazing!

mbudden
10-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Wow. 2 year old thread resurrected.

Racerx220
10-18-2010, 02:05 PM
iv had vvme kit in my truck for years now never a problem and also have them in my audi i had an issue which was a mistake on my part and i called them the number i called was in MD and everything was fixed fast i order from vvme.com not the ebay ones

legionvr6
10-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Personal i prefer DDM. running 55W 6000K in my head lights and 35W 3000K in my fogs and they have given no issues for a year now. no fading and the slim ballast's are so small and easy to hide.

AudiSport12
09-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Wow. 2 year old thread resurrected.

Resurrection v2

Anyone had any problems with their VVME kit having two different color/brightness bulbs? I ordered a 6000k 55w H7 kit and my drivers side is slightly whiter and not near as bright as the passenger side. I did have a problem with the wires shorting out on the drivers side when I had the stock halogens in there which melted the plastic clip that holds the connectors which plug into the 2 prongs on the bulb. I figured what caused the melt was a poor connection with the bulb prongs and female clip. I just removed the plastic clip altogether becasue you dont really need it with the HID kit. Think these wires getting really hot has anything to do with light output from the HID hit?

When I pulled it out of the box both sides said H7 55w 6000k so I doubt they mixed up a 55w for a 35w bulb/ballast.

TConklin821
09-10-2012, 03:19 PM
I get all mine from krautoparts.com

seanj130
09-10-2012, 04:08 PM
I get all mine from krautoparts.com

X2
and X3 for the second kit I got
then x4 for the Interior LED bulbs that I got from him..