PDA

View Full Version : No buzz t fitting

khj677turbo
06-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Any ideas where to get one around town? OR do I have to get one online? 5.49 from ecs, and i need one because the one awe gave me for my vent gauge snapped in half on install (my fault [headbang]).

t1demont1
06-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Ive herd of people running check valves to fix this problem. You can give that a shot.

Seerlah
06-21-2008, 07:10 PM
$5.49 sounds like a good price. But wait till you plug in your shipping info [:D]. If you are going to order from the internet, might want to try here (http://www.podi.ca/Accessories.aspx) (AZ advertiser). They have inline anti-buzz restrictors (2) versus the t-fitting. They do they same job, just location and install is different. $7 after shipping.

GetBoosted84
06-21-2008, 07:41 PM
$5.49 sounds like a good price. But wait till you plug in your shipping info [:D]. If you are going to order from the internet, might want to try here (http://www.podi.ca/Accessories.aspx) (AZ advertiser). They have inline anti-buzz restrictors (2) versus the t-fitting. They do they same job, just location and install is different. $7 after shipping.

I used the fittings from podi on my VDO gauge and it stopped the gauge from working. The anti-buzz kit they have is supposed to work great on stewart warner, auto-meter, etc... just not VDO.

Winston @ Podi was really cool about the whole thing and hooked me up with a refund since they didn't work out for my setup. Now I am running a fuel filter that I picked up for $2 from the Englishtown Swap Meet and it is working great!

Stampy
06-21-2008, 09:51 PM
You can take the cotton tip from a Qtip and stick it in the line...That works. You can also make your own no buzz fitting. Just put a dab of hot glue or rtv silicon in the fitting. Punch a small hole in it with a pin, and presto you have a no buzz T fitting. Both of those have worked for me

djwimbo
06-21-2008, 10:53 PM
I don't use one, but then again my boost gauge isn't even in my car right now.
I bought the standard T-fitting w/ the barbs on it.

your daddy
07-24-2010, 11:57 AM
how does the fuel filter work? slower responce?

JEmm
07-24-2010, 03:02 PM
I would try podi like Seerlah said. What I have and don't have any buzz.

revolution337
07-24-2010, 03:25 PM
i have a restrictor t-fitting and im still getting a buzz [down]

winston@podi.ca
07-24-2010, 06:12 PM
how does the fuel filter work? slower responce?

There are pulsations in the airstream and they can gauge mechanical gauge internals to vibrate so you hear a buzz.

Restrictors work by filtering out the pulsations to prevent the gauge internals from vibrating. How a fuel filter would work I do not know.

The restrictors I have designed are custom made by a medical company to ensure the orifice size is correct vs. techniques used by other companies to make their solution. (pull a wire out of some heated plastic)