PDA

View Full Version : intake prices

chad86thai
06-11-2008, 07:00 PM
ok so I just got my 98 v6 and the first mod i want to do is put on an intake. now ive read almost every thread on here and believe me im not trying to start another intake one!! basically i just want to know some decent prices and make sure 1. my car doesnt get screwed.. and 2. i dont waste my money.
right now im looking at the K&N Intake on ebay for 80 bucks shipped. is that a good deal? im really not looking for performance, more for sound. and if it helps the mpg and hp then i wont complain!

also, since my car isnt turbo, is the heat shield really that important? i know it helps with performance but i can still run it on the stock one right?

i read the review thread for th K&N filter and that answered a lot of my questions, but im just wondering if that is the same since that review was for a turbo and not the 2.8

thanks in advance if anyone can help!!

20vpower
06-11-2008, 07:06 PM
just buy the 20$ one on ebay. it will do the same thing as the rest. actually i still have one from my 2.8. pm me if you want it, filter mesh is a bit torn but it still works

tdn
06-11-2008, 07:08 PM
If you're willing to spend upwards of $80, check the classifieds, someone was selling a brand new ITG foam filter for $80 shipped.. I think it included the cleaning liquid and lube spray.

revbjeff
06-11-2008, 07:10 PM
I think I read somewhere that the K&N in the factory box is better than an eBay cone filter.

chad86thai
06-11-2008, 08:33 PM
actually all i really want is the piping and the adapters from the kit.. without the filter.. do you think i could could find them separately or do they only come in kits?

tdn
06-11-2008, 08:39 PM
You can find them cheaper. The couplers are only a few dollars at a autostore, you don't really need piping.

If you're interested, I might be selling my evoms intake u-bend pipe.