PDA

View Full Version : soft brake pedal

refueler
06-06-2008, 03:28 PM
My problems started when I replaced the pads and rotors I forgot to remove the reservoir cap when I pushed the pistons back. Then nI had a good solid pedal with the motor off but when I started it the pedal went almost to the floor and the pedal was soft. I bled the brakes but no mimprovement, so I replaced the master cylinder, now with the motor off I have a low soft pedal with a couple of pumps the pedal height comes up and the pedal still goes almost to the floor when started and the pedal is soft and can also be pumped up. I have bled them with no improvement. This has me stumped I reaqlly hate take it to the dealership any help would be appreciated.[headbang][headbang][headbang] Oh yeah its 1999.5 audi a 4 quattro no esp. with a 1.8 turbo

Toyotatech
06-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Yep

MattzWarsteiner
06-08-2008, 09:42 AM
It sounds like you've still got air Refueler.

I'm guessing you are using a container with a tightly fitting hose on the bleeder with the other end submerged in fluid and have a helper to pump for you.

Bleed starting at the rears first and finish in the front. It will take a dozen or more squirts to move any trapped air to the back. To avoid MC cup damage, don't let the pedal go all the way down when bleeding.

If you pump up the brakes with the engine running and hold, the pedal should stay up. If it slowly falls underfoot there is a leak to find.