PDA

View Full Version : Bad Luck/BUT I LOVE THIS CAR!

R4zzleD4zzle
06-05-2008, 01:51 AM
Hey guys, haven't posted anything here in a while...Here's the story:

A couple months ago I was looking to upgrade the stock K03 to a K04 & really start getting my new baby looking good and running awesome. I was experiencing terrible throttle response & bogging, the car kept wanting to die on me! It was embarassing! So I swapped the MAF & still experienced the problem! So I pushed that aside & focused on the K04, I ordered my K04 (on ebay, had a 6month warranty & only at $400 so I thought I would try it out) & had it scheduled for install at a shop who would be doing complete maintenance, tune-up & timing belt swap. Well two days before the car was supposed to be taken care of, the timing belt broke [headbang] on me going 100mph down the highway rushing to a wedding I was running late for! I luckily didn't throw a rod. So I drowned my sorrows the good ol' Texas way...shot some guns & drank til I passed out. After getting the car towed to the shop I was carless for close to 2months! It took the shop a month & a half just to rebuild the head & valves! And knowing my luck the turbo I purchased via eBay didn't fit. Back to the drawing board...Had to order a new turbo..K03 this time, I was starting to run short on cash after just buying this vehicle only 500 miles before hand! So I got my baby back a good while later from the shop (who scratched the hell outta the back left side of the car & insists the scratches were there before) & still experienced the poor performance even with the new MAF & turbo...Swapped the MAF again & vwallah, problem solved. [:D]So 2weeks go by & my tranny started acting up, took it back to the shop & they wanted to rebuild it! [headbang]Told them I had enough & took it to another shop who found the real problem was only the TCM ($240 for parts & labor compared to $4500 for a new tranny!!!). Now I'm back with my baby again & I am just loving this car! Every dollar was worth it, it handles and operates like a dream! [drive]Just wish I had it chipped or K04 for better performance. Now working on getting this vehicle 110%. Anyone who is looking at buying one of these cars should get one because they are stupid if they go with anything else!

WTB: too many parts to list!

Stampy
06-05-2008, 02:02 AM
I always wondered what happened to you...

Seerlah
06-05-2008, 04:47 AM
I hate it when shops are like that. I have a mechanic I am going to stick with for years to come. Young buck too. 23. I am young myself, but yeah.

While reading your post, I noticed you ordered an ebay k04. Then smiled when you said it did not fit. Don't get a turbo off of ebay unless it is an official Garrett, KKK, or BW. JUst hoped that you were able to get your money back for it (or at least some of it). As for the AWE boost gauge, make one yourself for maybe $50 tops. That is what I did. Clicky click (http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2365126).

And instead of a k04, just save up a little more for a gt28rs. You can get one used for cheap. Anyways, glad you are now happy with your car [drive]

sean1.8t
06-05-2008, 07:19 AM

haha, is that sarcasim?

Nebone
06-05-2008, 07:26 AM
The Audi bug bit again.

Stampy
06-05-2008, 10:57 AM
haha, is that sarcasim?

Yes sir!

R4zzleD4zzle
06-05-2008, 11:12 AM
While reading your post, I noticed you ordered an ebay k04. Then smiled when you said it did not fit. Don't get a turbo off of ebay unless it is an official Garrett, KKK, or BW. JUst hoped that you were able to get your money back for it (or at least some of it).

Yeah it was cheap so I thought I would just try it out. But the guy I bought it from was awesome & let me return it over a month later after purchase.

I know you missed me ;)

m5racer
06-05-2008, 02:17 PM
wow thats pretty deacent that he let you return it. Just a little tip, now that you own an audi you have to try and stay away from most of the ebay stuff, certain things are good but most is garbage for these cars anyways. Tunning these isent like tunning hondas unfortunatly

Militant-Grunt
06-05-2008, 02:25 PM
That is some bad luck dude, I must say props for sticking with the problems. [up]

You'll straighten her out soon enough.