PDA

View Full Version : Injector Cleaner

BONFIRE074
06-03-2008, 07:43 PM
http://www.texacoxpresslube.com/images/img_xl_prod_gas_techron.jpg

Bought some of this today to try and clean out my fuel system a little bit. The guys at Napa swear by this stuff and claim it being great. I was origonally going to buy some Marval Mystery Oil but they convinced me to get this. Few questions. it says to mix with a full tank of gas, but would it be better/more effective to mix with half a tank of gas or less? what type of results should i expect to see? anyone else ever use this product/have any advice, thanks in advance

2.8 not 1.8t btw

"Chevron Techron® Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner

"The current state-of-the-art treatment is an additive called polyether amine (PEA). Developed by Chevron and originally introduced in 1980, today it carries the company's trade name TECHRON."
- Motor Trend® Magazine

When added to a tankful of gasoline, the exclusive formula of TECHRON® Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner provides a burst of cleaning power unbeatable at removing deposits from fuel injectors, carburetors, ports, valves and combustion chambers.

Its patented PEA chemistry is also the only product available that cleans corrosive sulfur deposits from fuel gauge sensors, restoring function to faulty fuel gauges, and saving you hundreds of dollars in repair bills.
TCP helps:

* Clean and protect against sulfurs that can harm fuel gauge sensors
* Improve drivability and restore lost power and performance
* Prevent spark plug fouling and solves cold start problems
* Reduce deposit buildup to help lower exhaust emissions
* Improve performance for up to 3,000 miles

Every Texaco Xpress Lube center exclusively uses TECHRON Concentrate Plus, so you know your car is getting the best fuel system treatment available."

B518T
06-03-2008, 07:49 PM
follow the directions on the back....go to the gas station add most of that bottle to an empty tank and then fill your tank....

Nebone
06-03-2008, 07:49 PM
It's not magic in a bottle. Mix it with a full tank as it it strongly concentrated. It will dilute with gas and will go through the injectors over a longer period with a full tank instead of shorter with a stronger dose.

I've never seen a difference to be honest. As long as you use good gas you don't really need this.

BONFIRE074
06-03-2008, 07:52 PM
I always run 93 from Mobil as did the PO. I dont know if the injectors are dirty or how well they spray since i dont know if they have ever been replaced or not. I figured it couldnt hurt to try it so why not. im not expecting a miracle here or anything. lol

devmaster
06-03-2008, 08:19 PM
i just put some in every 7k... it makes the engine a little smoother ive noticed.. not a miricle cure tho... and add it to a full tank... ur car would prob run like garbage with a high ratio of techron

chrislane31
06-03-2008, 08:25 PM
I use this every 5k. I wait until the car is real low on gas and then add a big bottle and drive the car like I stole it.

bass_lover1
06-03-2008, 11:07 PM
I use seafoam for stuff like this. IIRC it's a bit cheaper, and you can also clean out your cylinders when you let a vacuum line suck it into the motor. There's a write-up on here somewhere just search for seafoam and you'll find it.

Also, definitely don't want to put that into an empty tank of gas and drive it. I tried that once I put in a whole can of seafoam on a nearly empty tank, figured the 2 mile drive down the road to the gas station would be ok. I almost didn't make it there, the motor was sputtering pretty badly.

Just Quaff
06-04-2008, 10:07 AM
I use seafoam for stuff like this. IIRC it's a bit cheaper, and you can also clean out your cylinders when you let a vacuum line suck it into the motor. There's a write-up on here somewhere just search for seafoam and you'll find it.

Also, definitely don't want to put that into an empty tank of gas and drive it. I tried that once I put in a whole can of seafoam on a nearly empty tank, figured the 2 mile drive down the road to the gas station would be ok. I almost didn't make it there, the motor was sputtering pretty badly.

Seafoam FTW!!!

Davect06607
06-04-2008, 04:29 PM
x3 on seafoam
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213919

iin10ded
06-05-2008, 10:06 AM
techron is legit. IIRC the active ingredient was developed by bmw over years to help minimise carbon deposits with newer fuels. i throw a can into the last tank of gas before an oil change. i had a vw tech recommend it to me years ago after it worked wonders on the valves and cc's of a motor he had pulled apart before and after.

another great one is bg44

bass_lover1
06-05-2008, 10:53 AM
techron is legit. IIRC the active ingredient was developed by bmw over years to help minimise carbon deposits with newer fuels. i throw a can into the last tank of gas before an oil change. i had a vw tech recommend it to me years ago after it worked wonders on the valves and cc's of a motor he had pulled apart before and after.

another great one is bg44

Only downside to BG products, to the best of my knowledge, they are very difficult to find, except at a mechanic shop.