PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED: New Licence Plate Light assembly (1 works 1 doesent)

m5racer
06-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Alright, so today i went to the dealer and picked up a new set of License Plate lights. Installed them easy enough.

Now my problem is that one side (right) works and the left side doesent work. I need yours guys help beucase i don't know where to go from here. What can i do to trouble shoot this and what could be possible causes?

Thanks

Naudi_Mat
06-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Did you try bending out the little bracket that holds the bulb?

Audiman23
06-03-2008, 04:31 PM
bend the bracket inside same happend to me when i painted my car

Squarrl
06-03-2008, 04:39 PM
did u get the whole assembly?

m5racer
06-04-2008, 07:29 AM
yes there is no brackets to bend this is an enitrely BRAND NEW ASSEMBLY everything is brand new! thats what i dont undersntad. I made sure it was plugged in properly and it was yet the light still doesent work. Any ideas on how i can figure out thats wrong or how i can fix this.

Again brand new assembly, i had to take a appart the inside of the trunk and i repalced the entire assembly!

onemoremile
06-04-2008, 07:47 AM
Swap the bulbs to see if it is a bad bulb or socket.

The sockets the lights mount can be bent to hold the bulb more securely.

m5racer
06-04-2008, 08:53 AM
check, check and check, switched the bulbs, and bent the little wire things no luck. Im pissed cuase both used to work, then both were broken, now with all new everything only one works

m5racer
06-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Anything?????????????????????????

Squarrl
06-04-2008, 01:25 PM
did you recheck the plug on the inside of trunk behind the carpeting for the light

m5racer
06-04-2008, 01:34 PM
yes, i havent even put the carpeting back yet. when it didnt work the first time i unpluged it, gave it a little cleaning (blowing air) and then re pluged it back in. Still didnt work

Squarrl
06-04-2008, 01:35 PM
try switching left and right see if it works with other housing

Naudi_Mat
06-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Didn't you say the old housing worked for the side that's currently out?

If so, why not try and use the old one.

Just a thought.

Toyotatech
06-04-2008, 04:15 PM
I had the same problem, bought new bulbs from autozone and it still didn't work, in fact both quit after installing the new bulbs. I cleaned the connections and one started working but the other wouldn't. I started looking at the factory bulbs comparing them to the aftermarket and realized the shape of the metal cap on the aftermaket bulb was shaped differently so I went to Audi bought new bulbs from them and they both worked.

Try Audi bulbs.

m5racer
06-05-2008, 09:00 AM
VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why wasent it working: BEucase when i bought the new ones the audi dealership decided that they didnt need to give me the bulb inside it. Dam crooks, just another reason why i hate....HATE going to any audi delaership. this was my 4-5th time going to one (Same one everythime) and i still havent had a good experience.

Audi really needs to step up there personal!