PDA

View Full Version : New Seats

AudiRacerS4
05-31-2008, 08:26 AM
so i picked up a pair of race bucket seats yesterday and I'm going to be installing them today. I have a question about the air bag light and using resistors. What ohm resistor do i need to plug into the air bag connector under the seats?

Toyotatech
05-31-2008, 08:34 AM
5 ohm, so say Mike.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207820&highlight=air+bag+resistor

You could test the resistance to be sure.

Toyotatech
05-31-2008, 08:36 AM
http://www.avishowtech.com/mbhp/res.html

Will help choosing a resistor.

djwimbo
05-31-2008, 08:43 AM
Does it make a difference between the cars that have air bags in the seat, or if it doesn't have the seat air bag?

My air bag light won't go away, and the previous owner said something about the connector under the seat being loose and such. Instead of properly fixing it, if the 5 ohm resistor will work, I'll just do that. I Do Not have the seat air bags, so I wanted to know if it made a difference.

AudiRacerS4
05-31-2008, 09:42 AM
i have a pre facelift 99 so i'm not sure if i need the 4.7 or 5 ohm resistor. and since i only have the 2 pin connector since i dont have side curtain air bags do i just plug it into those two pins?

Russell2686
05-31-2008, 09:48 AM
i have a pre facelift 99 so i'm not sure if i need the 4.7 or 5 ohm resistor. and since i only have the 2 pin connector since i dont have side curtain air bags do i just plug it into those two pins?

Shit man i had the 5 ohm resistors with me in my car i forgot about them. I'm going to be heading to the city tonight if your not tied up with the install i might be able to meet you on the way and you can try them. I can probably meet you off of 46 or rt 3 or something.

AudiRacerS4
05-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Shit man i had the 5 ohm resistors with me in my car i forgot about them. I'm going to be heading to the city tonight if your not tied up with the install i might be able to meet you on the way and you can try them. I can probably meet you off of 46 or rt 3 or something.

ok give me a call when youre in my area and i'll meet up with you [up]