PDA

View Full Version : Cabin noises

dukez
09-13-2004, 11:11 PM
Long story short, I've been drving months without the radio, so my ears are more intune with the cars noises. First of all (windows up) theres too much interior noise [:(]. My leatherette seats rub against the center console and or seat buckle causing lots of squeaking when going over bumps. Anyone else get this kind of stuff? Also i do get the rear suspension clunk noise over bumps as well, i know this is common with aftermarket suspension setups, so its not a big worry for me.

Engine noises are pretty decent, not too loud, no drone, really opens up at 3k+. I also hear a faint (low volume) high pitch whistle while cruising, and a whooooosh (moving of air) sound when giving it more boost.

One of these days i'll have to get a sound clip of when i go WOT with my Neuspeed exhaust, it screams too high pitched, like a whistle. I got whistle tips. Seriously, it hurts my ears (when the windows are down).

End report.

dukez
09-13-2004, 11:24 PM
O'yeah speaking of cabin, when the rear doors are in the locked position, when you pull the handle (open) the door unlocks itself and opens. Every other car i been in, the door latch doesnt automatically unlock the locked door when you pull the handle (you need to have the doors unlocked first [:)]). Isnt this a dangerous feature for kids? What gives? Is it just me?

I know about the child safety locks, that will prevent this definitely, but i dont want to open the door from the outside all the time for my rear passengers to get out. I dont transport kids anyways, so its not really a concern for me, I'm just wondering. My bro actually told me about this since i never spend time in the back seats while driving.

Summary: Whats the point of locking the doors when it'll open anyways when they (your hostage[s]) want to get out?

MR VTEC
09-14-2004, 06:46 AM
it's a german thing! with the locks meng!
my exhaust is squeking to hell and my control arms are squeking wtf!

audisnapr
09-14-2004, 07:11 AM
audi's aren't the only cars that have that locking mechanism. Mr. Vtec is right, it's a German/Euro thing. BMW's do the same thing.

EVIL-AUDI
09-14-2004, 07:48 AM
Where is your radio? Dukez

RippleChip
09-14-2004, 08:09 AM
Don't you have to pull the door handle twice? Once to unlock it then once to open the door.

EVIL-AUDI
09-14-2004, 08:11 AM
Yes, that's how mine is.

MR VTEC
09-14-2004, 08:19 AM
yup!

SEXIC─N
09-14-2004, 10:16 AM
my front and rear doors are pull twice to open.

PossumCowboy
09-15-2004, 08:02 AM
Mine are "pull twice to open"

Pureaudi
09-15-2004, 08:37 AM
[i]whooooosh (moving of air) sound when giving it more boost.
[/B]

i think thats your turbo, thats not a bad sound. hahaha without it. you will be going nowhere. hahaha