PDA

View Full Version : New MAF and still a code. HELP!!!!!

Ayjay23
05-15-2008, 09:37 PM
After some reading on codes others are having and talking to a few techs i decided to replace my MAF and O2 sensor. I did have an O2 code, some misfire codes, and the p1128 lean code. after replacing the MAF and the O2 sensor i am still getting the lean code. my version of software wont let me reset codes so i am about to unplug my battery. but in the mean time if it comes back are there any other tips or suggestions to the lean code? i am running APR software and exhaust with an open air intake. any feedback would be appreciated.
thanks

Poopie
05-15-2008, 09:49 PM
coil packs? try actually using a scan tool to clear the codes. autozone should do it for free.

tonelee1316
05-16-2008, 12:26 AM
see if u have a boost leak

Ayjay23
05-16-2008, 08:42 AM
i didnt do the coilpacks cause the misfire codes went away. i did however do plugs a few days back and the code hasnt come back. seems like the only thing i am throwing right now is the lean code. i also just did a smoke test and there were no leaks. i didnt know that a coil pack would throw a lean code tho. i dont have any shake or audible misfiring anymore so i kind of ruled it out. as always any feedback is appreciated.
thanks in advance

Nebone
05-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Check hoses connected to the intake manifold for any tears. I just dealt with a similar lean issue but In my case I did much diagnosing with VAG which revealed the MAF issue.

Reset the codes at Autozone first and see if they come back.

sciroccodriver
05-16-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm no expert so take this with a grain of salt...
When I bought my car a few weeks ago I had lean codes, intermittent misfires, o2, etc etc. I replaced coils, plugs, maf, front o2, check valves, dv, vac lines, and more stuff I've already conveniently forgotten. The lean codes still weren't gone and it started misfiring BAD(open circuit). It wasn't boosting either. Anywho, I replaced my cat and the lean codes went away finally. Not sure how that worked. My misfires were coilpack wiring to cylinder 3.
What I'm getting at is could you have killed the cat when the car thought it was running lean and dumping extra fuel? I think that's what happened to mine anyways.
Turns out my (new to me) car was chipped and going from no boost to 17ish psi is quite a welcome surprise. [:D]