PDA

View Full Version : Boosting too high

SouRce4
05-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Went for a drive today basically for the first time since the new chip and im boosting at like 24psi... this cant be good. my question is why so high? and could it be my dv. last time i lubed it, the O-Ring seemed to be stretched a tiny bit making it stick a little bit went the valve was open. could this be the problem? if not why would i boost so high with a Speed Tuning chip

Seerlah
05-12-2008, 06:28 PM
I do not have a chipped car myself but many people peak ~24psi all day long and love it. I don't think it to be safe for the ko3, but hey. I would say max safe is ~21 for a chipped turbo. If you feel that it will damage your turbo in the long run, you can always get an mbc and dial it down some. Or if you have a forge dv, you can play with the springs and spacers till you find your desired flow and max psi.

SykoraA4
05-12-2008, 06:45 PM
ive got a speedtuning flash as well, i dont know how different it is from the 99.5's to the 00, but when i first drove the car after they finished i was boosting really high but it settled down and was consistent after about a hundred miles. my boost now spikes a little past 22 and holds at 20 now that its warm. maybe your chip just has to be broken in.