PDA

View Full Version : Bose Speaker

RelicB5
05-12-2008, 12:59 PM
I've recently noticed that the rear speaker in my 01 A4 is blown and it's really pissing me off. On some songs i can hear the rattle and as im sure most of you know it's really annoying to have. The part number is 8D5 035 401 C. Now my question is if i were to find a replacement, how difficult would it be to install it? Keep in mind im a complete electrical noob. Also, if you have one by any chance, LMK. Thanks.

jrodpikap
05-12-2008, 01:47 PM
It's actually pretty easy once you get down to it. I used Infinity Kappa speakers for the rear deck replacements.

fikes
05-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Almost 100% of people think their rear speakers are blown when they rattle. Take off the rear deck and check it out I bet your cone is loose becasue they glue they used is crap. Take it out and re glue it down. I did the same to mine and found out it was the cone and was not blown.

RelicB5
05-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Wow good post. Alright i'll try to do that because i think you may be right. The speaker's sound isn't necessarily distorted, there's just a tapping sound like something's loose, so that makes complete sense. Thanks for clarifying, im electro-retarded.