PDA

View Full Version : emissions questions... help

BeatjunkieXL
05-09-2008, 11:47 PM
i live in nor cal, and know that emissions testing can be killer if you go to the wrong shop and make most turbo and exhaust questionably legal if not illegal for sure... but i wanted to know how strict emission regulations are in say oregon and washington, to maybe get around these "tuning obstacles" If you live in said states and have or hypothetically installed these questionable engine, exhaust, etc... performance mods your input would be greatly appreciated... or if you just happen to know them and live in cali, would work also. thanks in advance guys.

whoace
05-11-2008, 12:46 AM
i live in nor cal, and know that emissions testing can be killer if you go to the wrong shop and make most turbo and exhaust questionably legal if not illegal for sure... but i wanted to know how strict emission regulations are in say oregon and washington, to maybe get around these "tuning obstacles" If you live in said states and have or hypothetically installed these questionable engine, exhaust, etc... performance mods your input would be greatly appreciated... or if you just happen to know them and live in cali, would work also. thanks in advance guys.

If you have a cat you should be okay. There's no simulated run since you have a quattro. It's just a two speed idle. So you just have to pass CO and HC, no NoX testing. I'm pretty sure we run on the same ESP software in Ontario that you guys use in California.

With working O2s and a cat, you should pass with flying colours.

creechsa4
05-11-2008, 01:57 AM
most def, make sure you clear any codes and put about 50 miles or so then test. cali hooks up to your obd2 plug. they'll see any soft/hard codes you have.

Stampy
05-11-2008, 02:34 AM
Wisconsin doesn't test. Just register there =)

BeatjunkieXL
05-11-2008, 05:33 AM
nice... Wisconsin would be phukn great but i dont know anyone i know and trust to use a physical address and what not.... but i do know people in oregon and washington...