PDA

View Full Version : No Boost.... What's up?

nrowensby
05-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Left work today, car was running fine, got stopped at a stop light and when I went to take off my car (Stock 99 1.8T) was making a throaty sounds, kinda like a Honda with an intake, and I never felt boost kick in, my car was moving like a Geo Metro. Any idea on what's going on?

jm121189
05-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Do you have any more info such as chip, dv ect...? Could be a boost leak or bad dv. I doubt it's limp mode. We need more info and symptoms.

t1demont1
05-09-2008, 05:17 PM
The range of things is too great. If its loud, could be an exhaust leak, cracked manifold, or turbo.

Do you have a boost guage telling you no boost is comming on, or did it feel no boost?

Audiman23
05-09-2008, 06:32 PM
i had the same thing happend to me it took so long for a euro shop to figure it out but my car would jerk and all i would hear is pssshhh like a big turbo but then it just got worse but it was a boost pressure vavle or something and my boost still dont kick in they told me i might need to get it reprogramed by a dealership is this true??help

nrowensby
05-09-2008, 09:04 PM
I feel no boost, it's not chipped... it's all stock (stated in OP)

I hooked up to VAG-COM and had a "Short to Open" code on my Camshaft Position sensor, stuck on another sensor my uncle had laying around and still have the problem. I think I might've pinched a wire when changing VC gasket, so we're tearing down and redoing the wiring harness at/around the fuel rail that has that sensor on it in hopes of finding the short.