PDA

View Full Version : Phat Noise interface help

Richard
05-07-2008, 04:34 PM
I just purchased a phatnoise setup originally for a VW, but was able to get ahold of the Audi adapter cable. Unit and hard drive are installed an the music is playing great, but I have run into the issue that the instructions that came with the setup are for VW radios, not mine. I have a 2001 B5, so is the large non-bose system. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what each button will do? Also, how do I get the system to display the song title and band name instead of just "cd1-tr1"? Thank you in advance

GetBoosted84
05-07-2008, 06:19 PM
I just purchased a phatnoise setup originally for a VW, but was able to get ahold of the Audi adapter cable. Unit and hard drive are installed an the music is playing great, but I have run into the issue that the instructions that came with the setup are for VW radios, not mine. I have a 2001 B5, so is the large non-bose system. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what each button will do? Also, how do I get the system to display the song title and band name instead of just "cd1-tr1"? Thank you in advance

Not sure on the second question regarding the band name (but I would love to know also).

But as far as the buttons go:

Mode 1 is "Track Mode". In this mode, the Track up/down buttons move playback to the
next/previous track. The possible active playback modes are playlist, album, artist or genre.

Mode 2 is "Playlist Mode". In this mode, the Track up/down buttons move playback to the
next/previous playlist. After the desired playlist is chosen, wait 5 seconds and the PhatBox
will re-enter Track Mode playing the first track.

Mode 3 is "Album Mode". In this mode, the Track up/down buttons move playback to the
next/previous album. The PhatBox will announce the name of the album, and after 5 seconds
the PhatBox will re-enter Track Mode playing the first track.

Mode 4 is "Artist Mode". In this mode, the Track up/down buttons move playback to the
next/previous artist. The PhatBox will announce the name of the artist, and after 5 seconds
the PhatBox will re-enter Track Mode playing the first track.

Mode 5 is "Genre Playback Mode". In this mode, the Track up/down buttons move playback
to the next/previous genre. The PhatBox will announce the name of the genre, and after 5
seconds the PhatBox will re-enter Track Mode playing the first track.

Mode 6 is "Features Mode". In the Feature mode you can set special features and options
of the PhatBox. The Track up/down buttons change the feature to be selected. To make a
selection, press the SCAN or Fast Forward button. A voice will describe the features that
can be activated.

tamadrumr88
05-07-2008, 09:01 PM
it's not set up to display the artist info and track name, don't beat yourself up over it since it's not possible

GetBoosted84
05-08-2008, 03:02 AM
it's not set up to display the artist info and track name, don't beat yourself up over it since it's not possible

Yeah I didn't see that in the documentation either. Wish it did though.

zrowcool
05-08-2008, 05:09 AM
correcto, the 6 buttons were posted above and the phatbox isnt able to display the artist and track. you can hack it to announce the track name but it doesnt display it.

buck
05-08-2008, 06:52 PM
pressing the 'scan' button should announce all the song details.

I does on mine anyway.

Richard
05-13-2008, 09:01 AM
thanks all....Now I need to figure out a better way to get the music onto the system...the program seems to enjoy loading music that I didnt select

onemoremile
05-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Media Manager is the one to use.
http://www.phatnoise.com/downloads/PMM_3.92_WWW.exe

phatbox user manual:
http://www.phatnoise.com/downloads/phatbox_users_manual.pdf

Richard
05-13-2008, 09:07 AM
I use the media manager, but it seems to select music i dont even want to put onto the drive and i can never catch it until we are in the car and up pops some random band

onemoremile
05-13-2008, 09:09 AM
If you select the DMS from the index on the left of the screen you can see and modify it's contents. Drag and drop what you want and delete what you don't.

Richard
05-13-2008, 09:34 AM
This I know...and it usually works, but sometimes when I upload a file with an unknown disk name, it will upload multiple files that also are not assigned to a cd...

im not an idiot with computers...the program is not perfect and is flawed....